Author Topic: Does anyone know about Dr. Simon Angeli and/or Dr. Marcos in Miami, FL?  (Read 7220 times)

Amanda616

My Fiance was diagnosed at the University of Miami Hospital for his AN. Dr. Angeli (BC Otolaryngology and Otology/Neurotology) is the surgeon who would be performing the surgery and Dr. Marcos is the neurosurgeon.

Has anyone heard of these doctors or used them regarding their Acoustic Neuroma?

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Amanda ~

Dr. Angeli received an excellent rating on this website: http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Simon_Angeli.html

I'm not sure if this is the same Dr. Marcos you referenced: http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-jacques-morcos-xs9v6 but he also has a good 'grade' on this website.

Most physicians can be found on the internet through doctor 'grading' websites such as the ones I've linked to but I trust that in time we'll receive some 'personal' opinions here from actual patients of these doctors.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Dr. Angeli did his fellowship at House in L.A., & Dr. Morcos is wonderful.  I don't know the size of your fiance's tumor, but I would consider radiation if this is possible. Don't rush into a decision, if his tumor is not huge. Always good thoughts, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

heidi712

Re: Does anyone know about Dr. Simon Angeli and/or Dr. Marcos in Miami, FL?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:15:00 am »
I am meeting with Dr. Morcos as well and was referred by a family friend who mentored under him as a neurosurgeon. I have heard great things so far. Did you and your husband select him as your surgeon?

Heidi

nftwoed

Re: Does anyone know about Dr. Simon Angeli and/or Dr. Marcos in Miami, FL?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:55:51 am »
Hi;

I've read the names by several people through the years and have seen nothing but good in their posting of experiences with them. Did you try searching this site for them, or, the ANA home page?

btherri7

I saw Dr Simon Angeli before my AN was even showing up.  When it did show up we decided on Cyperknife.  He is a wonderful
Doctor, smart and extremely caring.  I would strongly recommend him.