Author Topic: Symptoms  (Read 2100 times)

tdsole

Symptoms
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:54:35 am »
I am newly diagnosed AN. My tumour is 0.6/1.1/0.6 very small compared to majority of policy in here. I have severe ringing, buzzing and very severe pain. I just seen my ENT the other day who proceeded to tell me that my pain is not caused from tumour cause of size and where it is sitting. Is this true? Prior to finding out I had AN I had ringing, buzzing and pain among other symptoms. The ringing and pain is becoming quite severe and I believe it's neuropathic nerve pain cause everything that I havetaken or tried as an analgesic cause not completely taken away my pain. Am I going crazy? Can she really tell me that? I feel like she just ignored everything I said and made me feel like my hearing deficit of 15 percent and pain is insignificant when it's the most bothersome symptoms.

Chances3

Re: Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:22:02 pm »
Hi tdsole,

Welcome to the AN forum.  I am sorry to read about your problems with pain.  I never experienced any pain while my AN was in me, nor have I ever heard of a discussion here about a AN causing pain.  I suggest you seek out another group of doctors and get more opinions along with more tests.  Sorry, that's the best I can offer, I am sure there will be other members who will also reply. Get well soon !

cindyjarrett

Re: Symptoms
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:54:20 pm »
Just wanted to respond to the pain you are feeling.  I had radiation to my tumor 4 months ago.  I am now experiencing pain.  I wake up in the morning with what feels like a horrible ear infection.  I have stabbing pain in front of my ear, below my eye on the cheekbone, and in my temple area.  I went to my ENT this week, and he feels that I have TMJ.  He feels that I am clinching my teeth together tightly due to stress.  I am not sure if he is right, but I am trying to be aware to not clinch.  Advil does seem to really help me.  If you have any other questions, just PM me. 

Wish you the best.
Diagnosed 8/9/12 with an on left side
19 mm x 17 mm x 13 mm
tinnitus with high pitch hearing loss
Will have gammaknife at UVA with Dr. Sheehan on 10/12/12
Trusting in God