Author Topic: Hydrocephalus, my neices journey  (Read 2245 times)

sarahinPA

Hydrocephalus, my neices journey
« on: February 14, 2013, 10:07:37 am »
I wanted to share a video with all of you of my neice. She is 1 year old and has had 4 brain surgeries to correct and assist with hydrocephalus; including a shunt placement at 1 day old. Hydrocephalus is "water on the brain" which some of us know about all too well. I am sharing this because we have all experienced similiar things with surgeries, decisions, and even difficluties.

Taylor Urban, known to her friends and family as "miss tay" is a miracle. the video is a bit long, about 15 minutes, but it brings so much hope and joy that prayer, hope, and love can bring such wonderful outcomes.

Shes the happiest baby I have ever met, and she brings so much joy to everyone she meets. Please watch the video if you have time, and feel free to share it! Awareness is so very important! Prayers are always welcome too. Thank you!!!

http://youtu.be/OShCayml-dA
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Hydrocephalus, my neices journey
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:27 pm »
Sarah ~

Thanks for posting this.  The video is both heartbreaking and inspiring.  Awesome child and impossibly cute, too!  Taylor will be in my prayers.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.