Author Topic: Microsurgery at Stanford  (Read 2859 times)

miparent

Microsurgery at Stanford
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:31:29 pm »
Hello.  I'm a newbie and deep in the decision making process.  I thought I was making progress but just found out that HEI doesn't take my insurance.  I'm not sure I have the drive to fight with my insurance company to try to get a waiver and then fight with HEI to avoid having them "balance bill" me even if I could get a waiver.  So.....  My question is has anyone had the surgery done at Stanford?  Not the CK.  If I can't go to HEI if I opt for surgery then I want to go to the best place there is.  But I am in a quandary.  Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheryl R

Re: Microsurgery at Stanford
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:13:33 am »
Where do you live?       That can make a difference on what is close to you.     There are many across the country with good drs with good amt of experience.      Someone here might be able to give more info on how to appeal.           I did not go to HEI so don't have ins info on them.
                                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

miparent

Re: Microsurgery at Stanford
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »
Thanks.  I live in the Sacramento, CA, area.  I'm thinking of Stanford if anyone can give me some info about surgery options there?  I'm not yet decided on surgery vs. radiosurgery.