Author Topic: Face and neck spasm  (Read 2945 times)

Roblangford

Face and neck spasm
« on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:24 am »
I had 80% of tumor removed 4 years ago. Then I had radiation. Well past 4 months the spasms have started and are getting worse. Eye down to my neck. I am taking neurontin and not working. Really getting depressed..... Any ideas of treatment or medicines??  ???

Thanks

ginsue

• Life is like a mirror – you get back what you give
Re: Face and neck spasm
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:16:24 pm »
Hey glad to meet you Rob
I hope that I'm not the only one that you hear from because I don't have the best answer. My tumor was removed 21 years ago and I have always had muscle spasms in my neck on the AN side.  It does not effect my life in any way so I have just gotten use to it. It does get worse at times but it has also gotten better.  Keep your spirits up!   Sue
1991 tumor size- tennis ball (6.7 cm - Wikipedia)
facial paralysis, deaf, balance issues
1997gold weight and facial reconstruction
May 2013 SoundBite
Oct. 2013 Scleral lens

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:11:25 am »
Rob

I also have facial spasms and they're going down my neck and out to my shoulder.  My PCP said they're not life threatening, just annoying (so I guess basically I'm suppose to get over it).   ;D

I have come to terms with the spasms since no drugs have helped me and now when I have one while speaking to someone I just saw excuse me while I have a spasm.

Hopefully for all of us that have spasms some day they will stop just as suddenly as they started.

Good luck

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Brewers7

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:26:40 pm »
Have you tried Botox?  I have "twitching" and it has helped me.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Roblangford

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:22:46 am »
Not yet. The doctor started me on clonazapam yesterday. Neurontin was not helping. Botox is next option I guess......