Author Topic: Nighttime headaches  (Read 3873 times)

Lily

Nighttime headaches
« on: December 20, 2012, 10:28:59 pm »
 I am in the W&W status for about 5 years now.  Hard to believe it has been that long...  My last MRI  (21 months time) showed no change in the size of AN which is wonderful, but now I am experiencing nightime pressure and pressure/pain in my head.  It even wakes me up at night from this.  It seems the only relief  is to sit up for a few hours, then it will subside.  Has anyone else found this strange happening from their AN situation?  If you have, what have you found to deal with it?  Thanks for any thoughts and wisdom you can share with me on this..

FLsunshine

• A journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step
Re: Nighttime headaches
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:21:25 am »
I've been in w&w for 6 years and little change to size of AN but definately escalating symptoms.  When diagnosed I started having the nighttime headaches and intense pressure on my skull on the back side of my ear.  Doc tried various drugs but the one that has done the trick is Topirimate.  Its used for epilepsy but off label for migraines. 

Now the nighttime headaches only come if I'm extremely tired or stressed.  Otherwise they stay away... a blessing since I had them daily for over a year and it was debilitating as I couldn't get sleep.

Hope this helps. 
3mm AN diagnosed in 2006
w&w with escalating symptoms
slow growth - at 4mm in 2010

Guitarmn50

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:01:22 am »
I've been in a W&W pattern for about seven years now.  My last MRI several years ago showed no growth, but now it's back again!  My latest MRI showed that the tumor has increased .2 cm which puts it at 2.5 cm large. It is now starting to press on my brain. My latest audio gram showed my hearing loss in the left ear has diminished to around 5%. So, that's it for stereo!  Problem is now I am also getting those nighttime headaches which are waking me up in the middle of the night. The pressure is there now.  I thought my headaches might be from my sore neck and shoulders because I drive a transit bus for a living, but now I think it's the result of the AN. 
Misdiagnosed in 2001/02/03 AN diagnosed 10/08/08
Diagnosed with advancing 2.3cm AN on 12-05-09: W&W 6 Months! MRI 07-2010 showed no growth

MRI 1-13 tumor increased 2mm
25.4mm X 22.2mm AN diagnosed on 1-8-13
Audiogram showed hearing loss left ear diminished to 20%

CK on 3/11; 3/12; 3/13    2013

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »
I`m W+W going into 6th year diognosed. I can`t prove it but I`m sure that I have had this AN much longer. I can honestly say that things are good other than what I would think would be my natural aging process. (65 this year). Since dionosed I`ve maintained the way of the W+W Brigade posted here which I do attribute to my feeling good. I guess the proof is in the pudding or in our case MRI's which I`ve taken pretty regurly and up to every 2 years now .(stable). 6 months to go unless somethig out of ordinary happens. Wishing everyone the best, Mickey