Author Topic: Had SRS Thursday, a couple of questions  (Read 2186 times)

Alison

Had SRS Thursday, a couple of questions
« on: December 29, 2012, 04:09:15 am »
Had SRS on the 27th. I feel pretty whacked. Spent yesterday in bed but wanted to get online today to report back! . I'd like to ask though if anyone who has had the headframe still had bleeding on and off from the pinsites at day 2 as mine are. Also for the first time, when I put my finger in my good ear, and listened to what my hearing was like in my AN ear, the music I was listening too sounded warped, George Harrison sounded like he was playing under water, (maybe in a Yellow sumarine, lovely George). Mild headache otherwise and sore pinsites, so taking paracetamol if I have to. Bit concerned about when I may be able to wash my hair, which is an interesting shade of blue at the back from the running ink from the pen used to mark the pin sites before fitting the frame. Be good to to wash my hair but don't want to aggravate the sites.I have replaced the plasters on the front pinsites, Any advice would be much appreciated.
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)

Alison

Re: Had SRS Thursday, a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:06:15 am »
Just to update for anyone having the headframe, having heard from others on the UK forum it seems a lot of us have problems with the pinsites for a few days. They are Ok now, just a bit sore and dented.

Alison
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)