Author Topic: Just thanks!!! I'm post CK  (Read 2632 times)

flier58

Just thanks!!! I'm post CK
« on: November 22, 2006, 03:37:34 pm »
Hello everyone,
I have finished my CK treatment in Stanford almost 2 weeks ago.  The procedure is painless but lying down pinned by the mask was trying as I am a very fidgety person.  I had some help from Eric Clapton but it was boooring.
We've returned to Chicago Fri.  Nov 10th.  It took 3 hours 15 mins to fly from SFO to CHI and 2.5 hrs to make it home, 20 miles from the airport.
   I must say I was exhausted.  I had pretty nasty headaches for 4,5 days, felt very fatigued, and tinnitus was ringing much louder than before CK. Also pain of the neck, and overall feeling of upcoming flu (flulike symptoms).   Definitely increased trigeminal symptoms (numbness of the right side of face/lips/gums) along with increased pain/numbness on the AN side of the tongue.
  Mind you all the trigeminal  symptoms were present before CK and I was advised they may increase due to immiediate post CK swelling.  I did not have to go to work for few days so I did rest quite a bit.  Regarding headaches I was advised to take OTC meds (either ibuprofen/tylenol/ aspirin) as needed.  Also  suggested increase in vit E and C  which show some antiinflammatory properties (per Dr.Chang's e-mail).  Eventually I had to go to work which ended with humangous headache but my workplace around Thanksgiving resembles a ZOO on steroids. 
  So 2 weeks after CK - headaches gone unless (even at work), trigeminal symptoms still there but somewhat less bothersome. Overall I am pretty happy with my tx. decision.  At least for now.
    Thanksgiving is around the corner.  I am very thankful for everyone who traveled this long road with me.  Thanks for your advice, compassion, understanding, sharing your experiences.  Thanks for laughs and tears that I could share with you.  Thanks for pirates, wenches, pirate's socks and pirattitudes.  You are all very special in my heart.
  Special thanks must go to CK Group especially Marystro who had answered maaaaaaany of my questions.  And of course our CK Guru - Mark.
Hve a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:52:38 pm by flier58 »

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: Just thanks!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 03:46:32 pm »
Congrats Flyer58!  Sounds so far, so good!   I'm crossing my fingers for you for necrosis!!!  Hope you and your family have a nice thanksgiving!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Obita

Re: Just thanks!!! I'm post CK
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 07:45:22 am »
Congrats flier58!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Just thanks!!! I'm post CK
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 09:11:30 am »
Flier,

Congrats, you Postie!!!! :)  YAY!  It's done......

Maybe this will be encouraging for you... as many others here have been for me.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=2436.0

Enjoy your Thanksgiving... it's now on the road to wellness and booger death!  :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"