Author Topic: Christmas Blessings to the ANA forum!  (Read 2376 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Christmas Blessings to the ANA forum!
« on: December 20, 2012, 10:55:55 am »
To all the Newbies and all the members who have been here for years,

This will be my first Christmas that I will be among you as a member and I wish you well on all of your individual journeys! Sometimes it is better not to feel weird or ostrasized for having this most peculiar balance problem. You, all in your own way, have been supportive of me by making me feel like a part of a larger community, and I wanted to take a moment to express my thanks.

By commenting or not, you have given me the courage I needed this time during my period of not knowing what to do with my radiation this June. The initial  panic I felt in 2004, when I initially made the warped decision to avoid surgery by going with the opinions of 14 doctors....I literally felt like chicken little! The sky was falling! How could this be happening to me  again! As you know, I didn't want to redo a massive search like that again, so I limited my search to 3 of my top picks. As it turned out, for me, I chose my initial doctor because he was the one I felt most comfortable with, when I made the initial decision to have the AN surgically debulked. Any procedure, involves research so I appreciate your patience with me as I came to my decision (to have radiation).

In February, as you know, I came to this forum here I found that feeling of measured concern where I really calmed down, stepped back a bit and weighed my options. You have been so comforting , I am glad I made my decision based on your recommendations. I am so thankful to have met all of you and look forward to helping you and being of what assistance I can either through online advice or meeting you personally through the local NYC chapter meetings.

I am so fortunate to have met you and am thrilled to be able to contribute by simply sharing my experiences! Being a member of a larger group is certainly superior to being out there alone (as I was in 2004) I very nearly lost it! I would encourage new users "newbies" to not give up just because you have an initial diagnosis of an AN, but to do the initial work of doing the research, following up with the opinions of at least 3 top doctors and then making the tough choice on  which of the options you want to go with. We here on the ANA forum will help if you ask.

Certainly, recent events  Hurricane Sandy and the School Shooting have brought into sharp contrast our collective plight and made it seem a bit trifling and over dramatic.... But we all shouldn't let that discourage us from our treatment plans!

Push forward! Plan ahead! Allow yourself time to grieve, but then proceed with your plans!

I realize that you all may or may not be  religious as I am so in closing let me wish you a Happy Holiday with your respective families.

I look forward to a better year ahead(2013) for all of us! Health be with you!

Your friend,

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Chances3

Re: Christmas Blessings to the ANA forum!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 11:53:15 am »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that post, and the many you have contributed to.  I can't add to that, you said it all. 
Do you have the train sets up anywhere?

Merry Christmas

and to quote Tiny Tim

" God Bless us all - everyone ! "

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:19 pm »
Chances,

We had a successful Train Show the weekend of the 8th and 9th this December. I have a permanent 9X5 train table in my basement. Thanks for your support Merry Christmas! Hope that you get all that you need this Christmas!

People donated to the Siller Foundation to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. It was a respite for the kids as well. We raffled 10 train sets! Alot of happy faces!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

millie

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
Dear Mike-Thank you so much for sharing.  I remember being about six days out of surgery and getting on the computer in desperation and you were there and you told me it would get better. You had started the prayer warriors for me.  I was desolate and you helped me hang on.
You are right to remind us that the  storm, and  even more so, the  events in Connecticut must  keep  us mindful  of what we do have.
Praying   for hope, strength and  insight.  Peace!