Author Topic: head guides needed  (Read 4064 times)

karascott

head guides needed
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:24:41 am »
Well guys I am back in Maryland as of  last night. I have a head ache that involves a little ear pain.  I took a pill and tried to nap. It has no went away yet. The steroids caused me to throw up last night again which started this uncomfortable dull ache at first. What to do? Should be thinking meningitis  or is this normal? I feel crazy. Help calm this hypochondriac  . Lol  ps. I am waking zombie  due to these steroid
Kara Scott
1.1 cm x 1.7 cm
Diagnosed 8-07-12 at 5:00 pm
Retrosigmoid 1/10/2013 House Clinic
Dr. Slattery and Dr. Schwartz

nftwoed

Re: head guides needed
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:22:00 pm »
Hi Kara;

Steroids can produce the worst side effects in some! I think 'normal', unless you have a reasonably high temp. b-4 you worry about meningitis.
   But, of course I am not an MD. Do you think the pill was dissolved before you vomited?
   Plz hang in there and know you will get better. Hang close to Dr. contact, OK?

millie

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:27:50 pm »
Kara-Can you keep in touch with your doctors via e-mail to ease your mind. 

I reread some of your posts to understand a little better and please take time to rest and heal.  Do not think about school.  You need to recover well to do your job and it is such a demanding one.   Trust that the permanent sub  will do his or her work well and in their own way. 

May you have a steady and strong recovery.

LakeErie

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »
Can you drop your head forward and move your chin toward your neck? If so it is doubtful you have meningitis. As said above, you'd also have a fever.
4.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.2 cm vestibular schwannoma
Simplified retrosigmoid @ Cleveland Clinic 10/06/2011
Rt SSD, numbness, vocal cord and swallowing problems
Vocal cord and swallowing normalized at 16 months. Numbness persists.
Regrowth 09/19/2016
GK 10/12/2016 Cleveland Clinic
facial weakness Jan 2017