Author Topic: "Alvin is stable"  (Read 1994 times)

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
"Alvin is stable"
« on: October 30, 2012, 05:41:20 pm »
Two years post CyberKnife and my AN (Alvin) is stable and has not grown according to my doctor and MRI.  He said it does show some signs of dying but the main thing is that it has not grown, which of course I agree.  I still have severe tinnitus on the AN side and mild on the other side.  Of course there is no way of knowing for sure what is causing this extremely loud tinnitus but the doctor said it may be from the CyberKnife.  My AN is very close to the cochlea and the cochlea does not handle radiation very well.

So off I am for another year before my next check.  Trying to figure out what might help with the tinnitus.  Doctor thinks maybe an anti depressant but after reading side effects I am not sure about it.

TJ

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: "Alvin is stable"
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:38 pm »
Hi, Tom ~

Congratulations on your 24-month MRI report indicating the tumor ('Alvin') is stable...not growing...which is the goal of radiation treatment.

No suggestions for tinnitus relief, I'm afraid.  If you find one, please let us know.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

It is what it is

Re: "Alvin is stable"
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 09:14:08 pm »
Glad to hear Alvin is behaving.  :)

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.