Author Topic: Translab on October 17th NYU  (Read 38267 times)

millie

Translab on October 17th NYU
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:06:41 pm »
My translab will occur at NYU on WEdnesday October 17th...my 65th birthday and a new beginning for me. I get the time of surgery tomorrow.Iam anxious to be on the other side!
We will be spending tomorrow  night at a hotel two blocks from the hospital for easy access.
I am very hopeful this will all go well.  When we have progress to post, either my daughter Jen or me will share on this thread.....Peace to you all.  Thank you for your prayers and support.
Your friend, Millie

Glenda

Re: Translab on October 17th NYU
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:34:56 pm »
Praying for a successful surgery!!  I know things will go well for you!! I will be watching for updates! 
Hugs (( ))

Glenda
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Mickey

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 10:21:21 pm »
Many prayers are with you... Your in great hands @ NYU Medical Center. Here is to a speedy recovery! All the best, Mickey

debraclark

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:38:48 am »
Hi Millie! I did not forget you! My surgery (retrosigmoid) was September 25th today is my 3 weeks post op. Soon you will be on this side of it and recuperating! All the best to you! You are in my thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted. (I had my daughter do it for me =)
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow too!
New Jersey- Female- 54
Self Diagnosed July 6, 2012
Officially Diagnosed August 16, 2012      3CM AN
Surgery at Jefferson Neuroscience Sept. 25, 2012
Removed 99.9% of tumor-10 hour surgery-Retrosigmoid

alabamajane

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:00:59 am »
Happy early birthday and our prayers and best wishes for a successful speedy surgery tomorrow! Look forward to hearing from you soon,, Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Blags

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 04:31:01 pm »
Good luck! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Oct 2012 - 1.4cm AN removed retro sigmoid with Dr. Boockvar and Dr. Brown at Weill Cornell NY Presbyterian

mandy721

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 09:14:44 am »
Millie,
Thinking of you.
Miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

Sheila1977

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:07 am »
Millie,
Praying that everything is going well with you.
7mm AN June 2011
Almost doubled in July 2012
Translab Sep 2012 at Kaiser San Diego

debraclark

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 06:55:33 am »
Just wondering how Millie is doing? Her surgery was scheduled for October 17th ? Plus it was her birthday too. Prayers and thoughts are with you Millie.

New Jersey- Female- 54

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 12:35:10 pm »
Dear Millie,

How did surgery go for you? I want you to know that I have started a Prayer Warriors call for you and that a lot of people are praying for you. Answer when you can. Rest my ANA NYC chapter friend we will see each other soon enough.

Mike

PS. Happy Birthday! What a strange way to celebrate, although I can appreciate your starting a new life, certainly!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

millie

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »
Hi all-This is my first post since the event on October 17th.As you know, I had translab at NYU on October 17th.  This is the first day I felt I could post-came home Sunday and today actually sat up all day in a chair trying to watch movies out of eye and drinking prune juice.
My surgery was at Langone, and I believe lasted four hours.  The tumor was the sticky kind, shaped like a sausauge and started to adhere to the facial nerve.  I believe they removed all the tumor.  I have a great numbnessin my skull, plusmy left ear is completely numb, and my eyelid and mouth are droopy.   I hope this is temporary as the kids might get scared of grandma.The first two days were rough because my head was wrapped lke the rings of saturn and I could not sleep comfortably.I believe I had an excellent team and very good care.  BUt now, I'd like my head to be normal-no hearing, just not full  and numb and fuzzy.  Is this a waiting game we can win?  So far, no bad headaches and for them I take extra strength tylenol. And the steriods which end tomprrow. 
Thank you prayer warriors!  Will it get better?

DHJ

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 07:23:04 pm »
Millie it will get better.You are way ahead of my recovery all ready. My surgery was one year ago and I am back golfing,boating,and enjoying life. Keep the faith and be patient.God Bless You Dave
3yr wait and watch on left sided 2.9cm AN is over surgery 11/4/2011 Mckenna/Barker at MGH one year MRI 11/12/2012 all clear

lrobie

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 09:07:20 am »
Millie,

Congratulations on getting the surgery behind you.  Now you are on the journey of recovery.  I'm at 14 weeks post-op today.  Things do get better.  It just takes time and everyone is different.  One of my co-workers told me yesterday that instead of looking forward for things to get better, I should look back at the progress I've made so far.  That was a very good suggestion and one I will try to adhere to.  I have to admit that there have been days where I feel down about it.  I have to remind myself of the positives.

Get some rest.  Good luck in your recovery.  Prayers...

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

millie

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 09:32:59 am »
Thank you!  You give me hope.  I will try to remember all the good things that have occurredand put it in God's hands.  Each day will be better. 
Still fullheaded.  Scalp mostly num on left side.  Ear numb.  Glad it is out though!  Prayer warriors unite.  Millie

debraclark

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 07:43:18 am »
So glad to see you are doing ok.  :) I put it in gods hands from the beginning and I know that is why I have done so well. I also have some of the facial paralysis but it seems to slowly be getting better. I am in VT (balance therapy -outpatient couple times a week for my balance and they are working with me for my head and neck pain. (how is your balance, did they give you a script for therapy?) I also have the fuzzy headedness, doctor says that is normal, and the numbness is normal too that you have, I have that also, but that is slowly going away in places. The most important thing is that you are a postie now and are at home recuperating! And you have put it in Gods hands its gonna be ok. Take care and keep us posted on your progress.
New Jersey- Female- 54