Author Topic: A good article on Gamma Knife for AN treatment  (Read 2486 times)

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
A good article on Gamma Knife for AN treatment
« on: August 24, 2006, 12:46:36 pm »
All,
  Here's a link to a good article, "Gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery for unilateral acoustic neuromas"  , that can be found at http://jnnp.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/74/11/1536
  Note that it has complication rates for some of the Gamma Knife treatment centers around the world (check the tables).  At the bottom in the References section you'll find "click throughs" for articles by some of the players in the Gamma Knife world, such as Noren (Boston), Steiner (Charlottesville), and Lundsford (Pittsburgh).
Regards,
 Rob
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:48:33 pm by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Derek

Re: A good article on Gamma Knife for AN treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 02:37:46 pm »
Hi Rob...

Many thanks for identifying this link which was of paramount interest to me personally as, coincidentally, I have only recently had an initial consultation with the co-author of the article Mr Rowe at Sheffield.

Having digested the article it has certainly increased my confidence to proceed with my eventual and intended treatment plan for GK at Sheffield.

Best Regards

Derek
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:58:26 pm by Derek »
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.