Author Topic: Cochlear bp100 or Oticon Ponto Power- BAHA  (Read 24630 times)

marisa_rivera

Re: Cochlear bp100 or Oticon Ponto Power- BAHA
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 08:16:41 am »
Thank you ladies. Yes she is doing better. She went back to school today. The cap i was referring to was indeed the cap that he put over the surgical site w/ the gauze under it.
We did wash her hair yesterday. Tried not to get it too wet in that area. She's a trooper and is doing awesome.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 04:21:20 am »
So Glad to her it ;)
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

marisa_rivera

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 09:01:07 am »
Well she had her follow up earlier this week. Everything looks great. She can hear when we touch the abutement. So it's pretty exciting to know that she can pick up on such a small amount of sound. I'm anxious to see how her device works.
Other than that it's just letting things heal. She still has her stitches in. So we are just waiting for those to disolve. Her next follow up is in a couple weeks.
:)

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »
That was my BAHA moment...touching the abutment and hearing it without the BAHA attached. That was a great moment for me.

marisa_rivera

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 02:36:13 pm »
It was a great and new experience for her and gave her some added hope of what the baha will do for her.
Her doctor said she's a very good candidate for it since she has complete SSD, so she wont have any sound that will interfere with what her baha is picking up.