Author Topic: Recently Diagnosed with AN  (Read 7765 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Recently Diagnosed with AN
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
Debra -

wasn't really correcting you, just wanted to clarify what you said since the ANA is pretty adament about not endorsing doctors/medical facilities  :)

Cheryl -

you are correct.  The docs/facilities that are certified by the ANA do pay to get on the ANA's list - after they pass the standards.

I know your doc has a very good reputation, is well qualified, and has done a great job for you and many others.  I'm confident he'd pass the ANA's standards. 

The ANA's list isn't all inclusive, just a good starting point for those who aren't sure where to begin.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

It is what it is

Re: Recently Diagnosed with AN
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 07:20:21 pm »
I respect the path you are going down.  Already, you have lots of research and information.  My thoughts are with you throughout this journey.

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.