Author Topic: It's over....but when is it over?  (Read 6700 times)

lrobie

Re: It's over....but when is it over?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00:22 am »
I've been doing the balance exercises that they gave me before I left the hospital.  I did see a physical therapist before surgery and they told me to call when I return home so that I can get started with them.  I just need to make that call.  I guess I better get on it if I want to feel better.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

susierg

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 10:29:57 am »
Doc appts went well.  They are pleased with my recovery so far.  Stitches were removed..yay!  Like everyone else, they tell me to be patient.  If my balance is not significantly better in a couple of weeks, they recommend balance therapy.  Still no hearing in AN ear, but said it was full of blood and could take a few weeks for the body to re-absorb it.  Scheduled for a hearing test in 3 weeks.  So all in all, I guess I have nothing to worry about....not that that will stop me (ha).  I'm really trying to stay positive, but seem to have a daily "melt down".  It did help to see the doctors were not concerned with anything yesterday, so I will continue do what I have to do to get through this.
4mm AN diagnosed 8/2007.  Watch and wait for 5 years.  5/2012 grew to 7x4x4.
Mid Fossa 7/2012 at MD Anderson, Houston,Tx
SSD but still hoping it will return.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »
Glad your appts went well.

You'll find for a while that some days are one step forward and two steps back, but in time you'll "get there".

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

millie

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 07:37:07 pm »
Thank you for sharing your experiences so soon after this life-changing surgery.  It really helps us who are waiting to start treatment.  We can do this!
If I may add, after my husband's quadruple bypass/aortic valve replacement, I wondered if he would ever  be strong and life would ever be good again.  He is strong today and life is pretty good!
Millie