Author Topic: Good days vs. the bad  (Read 12153 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: Good days vs. the bad
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
Guys,

Don't mean to get you down,but a good day for you maybe a bad day for someone else!

Just this afternoon, I had a call from a good friend who told me that this would probably be the last time I spoke to her because she was dying from brain cancer (it was me who urged her to have an MRI) and was on hospice care at home. I've been friends with her for about 20 years.

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Handma1d

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:43 am »
Bluesky,
Good job! Knowledge is power, indeed! I am soooo glad I made the efforts to research treatment options thoroughly and I am very happy with my choice of surgery (translab). I am 9-10 weeks post-surgery and I feel very good. Some small balance issues/wonkiness but only now and then - tinnitis comes and goes but is not nearly as loud as before surgery. Yep, it's been an emotional rollercoaster but the worst is behind me, thank God. I've been meditating alot - I use Steven Halpern's "Self-Healing" meditation tape - it's the bomb! LOL. I also walk daily, create concrete sculptures and am writing a book - it helps me to stay busy doing activities that mean alot to me. Being SSD has been an emotional adjustment, but like most folks on our forum, I definitely realize how fortunate I am that it was not worse. Anyway, take care and God bless you. You have tons of folks praying for your speedy recovery!
Peace,
Diane

wwarr

• Attitude is everything =)
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 01:13:12 am »
Mike,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend of 20 years.  That is tough news.  I believe God has a plan and will comfort your friend until she is with him again! You are so right that we have to be grateful for what we are given and treasure each moment we have.  Some have it alot worse and my thoughts are with your friend tonight! 

Wendy
4 mm x 8 mm 12/08
1.4 cm rt. AN middle fossa on 7/23/10
hearing and facial nerve preserved. Grateful for brilliant surgeons Dr. Friedman/ Dr. Schwartz @ HEI in LA, CA.

post op chronic headaches
”Faith in every footstep...let go and let God”