Author Topic: My first bout of tinnitus  (Read 22460 times)

It is what it is

Re: My first bout of tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 03:56:55 pm »
Yes, very positive outcome!    :)
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

kixit

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »
@Jaylogs-

Thanks for posting the tinnitis sounds. I will save those and ket my friends and family listen to them so they will know what I go through on a daily basis.

My tinnitis is louder when I'm tired but even when it's not being loud it's annoying! Imagine loud tinnitis, SSD and in a room of people chit chatting. I go into "drone" mode because it's hard to process all the noise!
left side AN 9mm diagnosed 2/2012
SSD, loud tinnitis left ear
Translab 5/24/12
Baha surgery 8/1/2012 at UVA
Baha hook up 11/09/2012  : ) 

I am a happy camper : )

Mickey

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 08:08:34 pm »
Having tinnitus half my life now (over 30 years) its just a part of me. I`ve done everything possible during this period obtaining some relief from time to time with Neuromonics helping the most. Although sometimes aggrivating its never got the best of me. What topped things off was finding out about my 1cm AN five years ago. Wait and Watch my method of handleing this with all being "stable" so far but somewhere along the line it had to grow to get to 1cm. Maybe I`ve had this over 30 years? In any case finding out about the AN has givin me a new lust for a very healthful way of life and feeling good. Best wishes, Mickey

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 10:15:07 pm »
You are very welcome Kixit! :)  It is indeed a good thing to have...sort of share the misery thing, I suppose! lol
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston