Author Topic: CK treatment done!  (Read 4249 times)

mellowrama

CK treatment done!
« on: September 29, 2006, 03:36:04 am »
Hello all,

I just got back from my ck treatment, which was 3 days and I think a total of 1800 grys (sp?).  It all went very well! 

The first day/night was the most difficult.   I was glad I took a xanax to calm myself during the treatment, and listened to my favorite CDs too.  That night was a bit rough, as I had a raging headache, but tylenol did wonders.

Day 2 and 3 were easy, and the treatment only took about an hour each.  I slept a little more than usual, and my neck is a bit achy, but other than that I feel really good all things considered!

The vacation I had driving there was awesome!  A beautiful roadtrip thru the southwest, I highly recommend doing so to relax and put things in perspective prior to treatment. We drove (I did much of the driving) back via Tucson up through the Gila forest, whew!  What a curvy long road to test one's self with... :P I did fine but my buddy got a bit car sick  ;D

I'm amazed how good I feel, and wonder what symptoms many occur (if any).  I look forward to getting my first post treatment mri's in December!

Melinda
22mm x 19mm x 12mm CyberKnife  9/25/2006 BNI Dr. Daspit/Dr. Smith/Dr. Brachman
Failed radiation - regrowth to 2.6cm 
Translab Surgery w/ House Docs 8/26/2009 Dr. Friedman, Dr. Schwartz, SSD, tinnitus. 
Baha surgery with Dr. Baker in OKC nov 2009
Baha revision surgery by Dr. Horn in ABQ 8/2011

ellenvig

• My AN
Re: CK treatment done!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 05:57:40 am »
I'm so glad to hear you did well!  Hope it continues!  Nice trip.  :)  We also took a trip the weekend before my treatment, and then I had a pre-zap get together the night before I went in.  Just me and some of the girls, drinking wine and eating cake.  :)

Ellen
2.3cm AN diagnosed 6/13/06.
Gamma Knife 9/22/06.
Dr. Greorg Noren, Providence RI.
http://savyon.com/ellen/AN.htm

okiesandy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 03:05:18 pm »
Melinda,

Welcome to the post treatment group. I bet the worst is behind you. For a while you may be so intune with the treatment process you will notice every little thing and wonder if it is treatment related. Keep on asking questions on the CK board. Just keep repeating "It was not surgery, it was not surgery". That works for me.

Many hugs and lots of Blessings,

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

marystro

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 03:39:13 pm »
Melinda,

So proud of you.  Enjoy the euphoria!!

I felt just like you after the treatment.  Stay positive both mentally and physically!!!

Need to visit your store soon when I am around your neighbor someday  ;)  We ANers have a special bond ;D

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

FranDS

• 7mm; diag May 2, 2006
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 03:54:31 pm »
So glad it went well.  I wish you continued good health and a very happy recovery!
Fran
7mm May 2, 2006
Waiting and Watching

mellowrama

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 05:58:54 pm »
Hello all,

Thanks so much for your feedback and sweet words, it really means a lot! ;D

I went for a short hike this morning with my dogs, and had a great day working my store!  Beautiful weather, happy shopping tourists...my kind of day!

I feel really good, just a little tired, and I don't have as much interest food and wine ;), but I'm not sure its related to treatment as much as just wanting to be as healthy as I can be...

Yes, I thinks its important to enjoy the moment and stay positive!

thanks, melinda
see my store @ www.cowgirlred.com
22mm x 19mm x 12mm CyberKnife  9/25/2006 BNI Dr. Daspit/Dr. Smith/Dr. Brachman
Failed radiation - regrowth to 2.6cm 
Translab Surgery w/ House Docs 8/26/2009 Dr. Friedman, Dr. Schwartz, SSD, tinnitus. 
Baha surgery with Dr. Baker in OKC nov 2009
Baha revision surgery by Dr. Horn in ABQ 8/2011

shoegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 10:54:54 am »
Melinda,

Been away for a few days...  Just read your post and I am so happy to hear that the treatments went well and you are feeling good!  Congratulations!   Wishing you all the best!  :D
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Obita

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 05:31:55 pm »
Congrats Melinda:

You must feel great now that that is done.  I sure hope the "no symptoms" keeps up!!

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines