Author Topic: New Insurance plan!  (Read 3461 times)

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
New Insurance plan!
« on: September 30, 2006, 10:13:14 am »
Ugg.... had meetings this week to discuss the new insurance plans at work  >:( I actually was happy with the old plan !

I searched the web site for Doctors in the new plan ..I did find St. Vin and Dr Stefan and Dr. Hit's but no Dr. Brackmann!!! huh?
I might be singing the HMO blues ... anyone else go to House with United Healthcare ?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 10:18:23 am by Joef »
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

nipanddale

Re: New Insurance plan!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:19:17 am »
Hey Joe--
Norma's still sorting out all the insurance stuff, but Dr. B wasn't in ournetwork, either. (But the other Hose docs were.)

If you need to work w/Dr. B, he's got a standard letter of necessity he uses so other plans will cover his services.

Do you still need to see him? Good luck!

Dale
3.5cm Diagnosed June 2006 - Removed June 28, 2006
House Ear Clinic - Los Angeles, CA
Surgical Doctors: Brackmann, Hitselberger, Kutz, and Stefan
CFS Leak Doctor: Friedman
Follow-up Doctor: Cullen

Entire tumor removed
Facial nerve intact

Today is a good day!

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 10:24:53 am »
I still plan to see him for a one year check up in JAN .. and if the AN ever comes back ...  >:( >:(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:35:01 pm »
Most dr's that have already treated you will work with you if you don't have insurance of if they're not a provider you just need to tell them upfront.  I know for me I'm losing my insurance and can't afford cobra and I told all my treating doctors up front and they were all willing to work with me to get my follow up care (they are not charging me for visits).  Best of luck in your post treatment visit!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 06:39:20 am »
My insurance has changed three times since I was diagnosed seventeen months ago.  My surgery was fourteen months ago right after an insurance change.  I now have United Healthcare.  If Dr. B will accept the discounts this plan has then they will pay, but you have to meet your out of plan deductible which doesn't help your in network deductible.  Be careful, most of the radiologists, pathologists are not in the United Health care plan.  The hospital should provide you with a list of the "special" doctors you never see and tell you which insurance plans they will accept and UHC will tell you if they are in network or out so you can plan how much it is going to be out of pocket.  I hope this helps a little.  The insurance maze is that and no one makes it easy.  Best of luck.
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT