Author Topic: My Personal Gamma Knife Treatment Journal started June 10, 2012  (Read 56533 times)

millie

Re: My Personal Gamma Knife Treatment Journal started June 10, 2012
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2013, 04:22:13 pm »
Great news, Mike! It is so good to hear of your progress.  God bless us every one with health and peace of heart in this new year.  Mil

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2013, 07:15:48 pm »
Hello Fellow ANgels,

Today I am getting super weird left sided neck twitches has anyone had this? I am starting to get frieked!   

Hope this day is going better for all of you!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »
Dear ANgels and newbies,

Distressing news! I just saw a picture of my wife and I taken( June 13, 2012)  at the retirement party of a collegue of mine on 2 nights after my Gamma Knife treatment, in it I look somewhat tired but smiling broadly IRV was freshly dead ! I recall I had a slight headache.....

.Fast forward to present day now (January 30,2013) 2:30 in the afternoon. At this moment when I try to smile only my right uneffected side responds there is some drooping present on my left side. I compare the picture to my face and the results are quite noticeable now. I am starting to feel myself get depressed. Is there anything I can do? All this facial  twitchiness distracted me, sorry friends to bring you down.

Praying now to restore my smile and my mood!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »
Mike, I wonder if you sustained some damage to the facial nerve on that side at some point.

Might be worth addressing with your doctors.

And you might be a candidate for therapy:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=facial+nerve+damage+therapy
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

MDemisay

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »
Dear Jack,

I know it's has been quite a while and I'm not looking forward to taking more medicine but this getting to me. Now when my left side of my face twitches it twitches in several spotsabove the eye brow ' above and to the left of the nose, my upper left lip quivers and my chin quivers a bit. I'm going to call Dr.Sisti and see what he's got to say. It was really bad this morning with all of them quivering at once!

Mike  ::)

MDemisay

« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2013, 01:26:47 pm »
Hi Guys,

I know it's been qiute a while since I posted just thought I'd bring you up to date on things going on in my recovery as it is!

Well for 1 thing, I have been having on again off again twitches and Dr. Sisti says it's time for another CT scan with and without contrast. S0 he scheduled me for another (which I have yet to schedule)..

Then I can see him again and see what he has to say about my crooked smile!

Got to go for now wish me good luck!

Mike

mesafinn

« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2013, 03:15:00 pm »
Mike:  As I inform my thinking on treatment, I read your journal and appreciate your candor, your enthusiasm, your hope, and your vulnerability.

Keep us posted and here's hoping that the face twitches stop, the smile returns, and the heart rejoices.

Peace--

P.
Oct 2012:  Constant Pulsatile Tinnitus
Feb 28, 2013: Dx AN 1.4 cm X .9 mm
April 19, 2013:  GK at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford

Some things in my life need to matter less, and other things in my life need to matter more.  So yes, I'm taking this as a "lesson learned experience."

MDemisay

« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2013, 02:28:53 pm »
Dear mesafinn and others following along,

Thank you for your appreciative kind words! Honestly,to say I've been through a lot (with my brain) in my lifetime would be an understatement......However, it is nothing compared with those going through metastatic brain cancer.....I mistakenly wandered on to one of their websites in 2004 briefly. The result of an over eager audiologist in announcing to me that I had a brain tumor. All those months later, I found out that it was the benign kind!

But, all in all, I cannot complain as my life has been full (and I intend to continue to enjoy as much of it as possible after all I'm only 56) but, please forgive me if I tend to gush! I am just so grateful to be among people (the ANA Forum members and my NYC ANA Support Group) and those of you (like you mesafinn) who truly appreciate me with all of my foibles.

Who knew that simply providing a blog of my journey so far would prove to be so mutually helpful?

Mike

millie

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2013, 07:36:14 pm »
Mike-I have not been on line a lot and just read of your recent experiences.  My face twitched a bit here and there, but it doesn't now .  I am a little lopsided, but I am going to start facial therapy mid April. Maybe Dr. Sisti will prescribe it for you.
I appreciated your comment  about  doctors who  eagerly bestow the brain tumor bomb...it sure is a lot to handle, and you have had more than your share.
I'm praying for your positive progress, Mike...Millie   

millie

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2013, 07:46:44 pm »
I forgot to say thank you for your support after my own surgery.  I remember being in a really really tough place on day 5 or 6 and I came onto this site, and you were there.  You told me to hang on and it would get better.
That was such a help to me!  Prayers and Hugs...Mil

MDemisay

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 11:43:48 am »
Hi All,

Tuesday, June 11th,2013 is fast approaching, as you know it will be my 1st anniversary of my much fearfully  anticipated Gamma Knife treatment. I have been reluctant to schedule another CT scan with and without contrast......as I am fearful about what they might find. Just gird your loins Demisay (I tell myself), I know I have been comforting most of you with my posts......But right now, I feel just a little scared given my track record with medical tests as you can tell below.

I have a lot of other things on my plate right now,(my dad"s health is failing) I really don't need another negative result. I am trying to be compliant with my Neurosugical follow-up, but it can be hard at times.

Would it be all right to ask for prayers? I know I haven't been following as I should I promise to get better at that to show you just how much you all mean to me.....

Yours truly,

Michael

PS. Facially, I am a little out of sink on the left side of my face, so I try not to smile as broadly as before. My face doesn't droop, however. The facial twitching is unnerving but I don't notice it when I sleep.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2013, 12:21:52 pm »
Mike ~

No need to apologize.  Your apprehension regarding your upcoming 1-year CT scan is perfectly normal but probably unwarranted.

We recognize and appreciate your concern for other AN patients and realize that, like all of us, you have a life beyond your AN treatment and this website. 

That noted, be assured that you'll be in my prayers (for a no-growth' CT scan result) and those of many others.  "Courage is fear that has said its prayers". ~ Dorothy Bernard (silent film actress)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyjarrett

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2013, 03:15:34 pm »
Michael,

Consider it done.  I will be praying for you.  You have always been such an inspiration to so many of us. 

Cindy
Diagnosed 8/9/12 with an on left side
19 mm x 17 mm x 13 mm
tinnitus with high pitch hearing loss
Will have gammaknife at UVA with Dr. Sheehan on 10/12/12
Trusting in God

jsanders1379

« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2013, 04:09:34 pm »
Good Luck!!
Jeanne
Dx 10-25-2012
5x6x4 mm
3-27-2013 MRI 9x6x6 mm
GK  5-7-13 Swedish Hospital, Denver

MDemisay

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2013, 02:35:24 pm »
Dear All,

Well, I've scheduled it for my anniversary date....Here goes nothing mostly now I'm afraid of my shadow! I don't know why this is such a big ******* deal! But it helps to have asked for prayers. Thanks very much everybody!   At this time tomorrow (4:30) I will begin.....

Michael