Author Topic: Prayers for a collegue/friend  (Read 8774 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Prayers for a collegue/friend
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:22 am »
Dear Friends,

As you know, I have taken down the post about "Prayers for a friend" . I am gratified that you have been praying for Karen,of course, I would encourage you to do so but yet it is apparent that my additional request for prayers for Mary at NY Presbytarian has been confused with my friend Karen who is recovering very nicely in Florida.

That said, let me give you an update on Mary's condition. I was informed last night that she has had to undergo 3 separate operations! Now, I am informed that she will have to undergo chemotheapy and radiation for cancer, surely this information came as quite a shock to me. As it must be to all of you, that I am using an AN site to enlist prayer support of a person who has a possible metastasis involving her brain.

I don't know where else to turn! At this point I'm desperate....

I know we have other people who are actually within our community of ANers but as friends of mine, (which you have become) I am asking that you continue to pray for her at this point she has begun the slow process of recovery which all of us who have had brain operations are aware. My best guestimate is that it will take at least 6 months, maybe longer.

Thanks for your consideration!

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MDemisay

Re: Prayers for a collegue/friend
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:17 am »
Thanks for all of your support for my friend Mary so far from Jim, Suu and Bonnie. I will at least tell her when I speak to her that you have been praying for her.

Your friend,

Mike

At what point should we distinguish benigness from metastisis. I think it's all related and a matter of degree....!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

Bonnie B.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:57:39 am »
Mike,
I will continue my prayers for your friend.  Hang in there.

Bonnie
1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:58:35 am »
Thanks Bonnie!

Mike

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:59:55 pm »
Prayer warriors!  When we come together to pray for the same reason that's what we are.  I, too, am praying for your friend.  Glad to have seen this post since I was wondering how she's doing.

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Mei Mei

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:29:33 pm »
Prayers are with you for continual healing.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

MDemisay

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 12:14:04 pm »
Dear Friends,

Thank you for praying for my colleague/friend whom I have known for 32 years (Mary).

When I told her that my friends on the ANA forum praying she seemed so grateful! She believes, as do I, that prayer is a powerful thing!!! She has been at home now since Monday (the 21st of May). She has 2 drains and is resting comfortably and takes regular walks about her house. She plans to go for radiation treatments but I have not asked her when.
Please know that your prayers have helped a lot.

Mike

Handma1d

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 08:05:50 am »
Mike,
Count me in as a prayer warrior for Mary! God IS with her - and you as well.
Peace, brother,
Diane

MDemisay

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:09 am »
Dear Diane,

I have not updated that post my friend and long time coworker Mary is at home still the drains had been taken out a while ago, however she does go for radiation multiple times per week at NY Presbyterian and is in for at least 4 weeks more of that. She is tired now, and the prayers of friends keep her spirits up. She has basil cell cancer. She likes keeping active and takes walks around her neighborhood.

I visited with her about a week before I had the one shot GK from which I have had no adverse effects (knock-on-wood). When I call her, I will tell her that we are still praying for her. Thank you.

Mike

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 02:28:36 pm »
Mike ~

Just saw this update on your friend, Mary and wanted you to know that she remains in my prayers.  This lady may be in a struggle with cancer but with friends such as you who aren't shy about asking for prayers for her, I believe she has an advantage.

When my large AN was discovered and the news spread through my circle of friends, most of them members of my church (I'm a Deacon) I had many assurances of prayer from many people, which certainly strengthened my spirit.  My wife quickly enlisted prayers from members of a national Christian women's group (CWA) she belongs to and in no time, I had people I'd never met from around the nation offering prayers for me and my upcoming surgery.  Long story short:  my AN debulking surgery was completely successful as was my FSR, with no real complications.  My recovery was relatively rapid and no problems occurred, even though, in my impatience, I 'pushed it' a bit.  Coincidence?  Perhaps, but I think not.  This is why I don't hesitate to respond when folks ask for prayers.  Those who don't subscribe to spiritual beliefs have their own ways of coping and many do just fine.  To each his or her own. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Bonnie B.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 08:06:24 am »
Hi Mike,
I'm glad you, like me, have done so well post Gamma Knife.  It's been three and a half months for me and, so far so good.    Also, your friend will remain in my thoughts and prayers.  Hang in there.   Your friend is very lucky to have a friend like you.

Bonnie
1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

MDemisay

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 10:25:38 am »
To Of You who have been praying I bring you good news!

Your prayers and mine have worked Mary (who is a clinical nurse is back at work (and it is Saturday!)!! She is still receiving radiation treatments and we will be better with her help! However, she is glad to be back and doing what she loves! Don't worry, I will be here with her and will assist her home if need be.

I am so glad to see her! I know you join me in welcoming her back! She appreciates the power of prayer as do I!

Thank you all so much!

Mike