Author Topic: House Doctors  (Read 4172 times)

LizAN

House Doctors
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:50:38 pm »
Hi, everyone,

I have seen many glowing reports about House Ear Clinic, which is where I will go if/when I have surgery.  Most of the reports I've read have been regarding Doctors Friedman and Schwartz, but I've also seen some about Dr. Brackman.  Dr. Slattery is the one who has been reviewing my MRI reports.  I was wondering whether there is anyone here who would tell me about their experience with him, as well as anyone who had the other neurosurgeon.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

henry

Re: House Doctors
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:00:05 am »
My name is Henry
If you live in the New York City area, Tuesday May 16th  House is Putting on the following event in the city.

I am 8 months into all this, 9mm and holding at 6mo.
Watch and wait.
My issue is the ringing in the ears, and just in the last month i have had changes in hearing.  My ears feel like they are on a plane, before you equalize the pressure by holding your nose and blowing.
So, i am going to this and want to know who the main AN players are in case they are there to talk to.
Good luck.
Henry

We have been contacted by The House Resarch Institute about an upcoming event in your area - Hear the Experts.  They  have asked us to invite you to this event.  Since many of you deal with hearing issues, this may be of interest to you.

The event is free for people of all ages.  Come learn amazing facts on how we hear and the real truth about hearing loss.  Common hearing loss concerns and the latest treatment options as well as hearing aids, cochlear implants, and where science is headed to produce new and better treatment alternatives in the future are some of the highlights to be featured at this event.

Hear the Experts
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for exhibits
Directors Guild of America (DGA) Theater
110 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10019

The event will feature best-selling author and contributing reporter for CBS This Morning, Lee Woodruff, who will be speaking as well as serving as emcee for the evening. 

The program is interactive, with the audience playing a key role in the events of the evening.  Audience voting equipment will be used to quiz the audience's knowledge on each question posed by the moderator before the experts shed light on the correct answers.  The audience member who answers the most questions correctly will win a new iPad. After the winner is announced, there will be a 15-minute audience Q&A.

To register and for more information, please visit http://hearingNY.houseresearch.org.

The House Research Institute, formerly the House Ear Institute, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with hearing loss and related disorders through scientific research, patient care and the sharing of knowledge. For more information about the House Research Institute, please call (800) 388-8612, Email info@hei.org or visit www.houseresearch.org.

Best regards,

Melanie Hutchins
Local Support Group Coordinator

Newly Diagnosed, Left side, 7.5mm AP diameter, 8.8mm transverse diameter, 5.9mm craniocaudally diameter.
Misdiagnosed for 2 years.

OTO

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:35:44 pm »
I had my surgey at House Ear Clinic / St Vincents Hospital in May 2007.  My drs were Slattery and Schwartz.  Both were very good, easy to talk too, confident but not cocky, and answered all my questions.   I continue to send my periodic MRI and hearing tests to Dr. Slattery to review.

LizAN

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:25:05 am »
My name is Henry
If you live in the New York City area, Tuesday May 16th  House is Putting on the following event in the city.

I am 8 months into all this, 9mm and holding at 6mo.
Watch and wait.
My issue is the ringing in the ears, and just in the last month i have had changes in hearing.  My ears feel like they are on a plane, before you equalize the pressure by holding your nose and blowing.
So, i am going to this and want to know who the main AN players are in case they are there to talk to.
Good luck.
Henry

We have been contacted by The House Resarch Institute about an upcoming event in your area - Hear the Experts.  They  have asked us to invite you to this event.  Since many of you deal with hearing issues, this may be of interest to you.

The event is free for people of all ages.  Come learn amazing facts on how we hear and the real truth about hearing loss.  Common hearing loss concerns and the latest treatment options as well as hearing aids, cochlear implants, and where science is headed to produce new and better treatment alternatives in the future are some of the highlights to be featured at this event.

Hear the Experts
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for exhibits
Directors Guild of America (DGA) Theater
110 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10019

The event will feature best-selling author and contributing reporter for CBS This Morning, Lee Woodruff, who will be speaking as well as serving as emcee for the evening. 

The program is interactive, with the audience playing a key role in the events of the evening.  Audience voting equipment will be used to quiz the audience's knowledge on each question posed by the moderator before the experts shed light on the correct answers.  The audience member who answers the most questions correctly will win a new iPad. After the winner is announced, there will be a 15-minute audience Q&A.

To register and for more information, please visit http://hearingNY.houseresearch.org.

The House Research Institute, formerly the House Ear Institute, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with hearing loss and related disorders through scientific research, patient care and the sharing of knowledge. For more information about the House Research Institute, please call (800) 388-8612, Email info@hei.org or visit www.houseresearch.org.

Best regards,

Melanie Hutchins
Local Support Group Coordinator

Hi, Henry,

I am in Austin, TX, a long way from NY.  Please do let us know how it goes and keep us posted on your status.

Thanks,
Liz
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm

LizAN

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:27 am »
I had my surgey at House Ear Clinic / St Vincents Hospital in May 2007.  My drs were Slattery and Schwartz.  Both were very good, easy to talk too, confident but not cocky, and answered all my questions.   I continue to send my periodic MRI and hearing tests to Dr. Slattery to review.

Thanks, OTO,  that's great to know.

Has anyone had Lekovic as the neurosurgeon?

Liz
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm