Author Topic: you dont know me but i know all of you!  (Read 19791 times)

Obita

Re: you dont know me but i know all of you!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 07:35:49 pm »
 hi Kathy,
 Ã‚        I sent you an email a few days ago, did you get it???  I would love to chat with you about AVN. I have not met anyone who actually has it. Have you ever heard of a Dr. Mont?? Of course they didn't have MRI's back then , I should have remembered that. I still have some of that brain tumor left.  Maybe that's my problem.  I tend to use that excuse alot!!
 Ã‚                                                                 Pattibobatti
Patti:  I did get your email.  I sent a reply to a yahoo address??  I just sent it again to your hotmail address..........I don't know Dr. Mont.  I am on my third orthopedic surgeon -  two have retired. Thats how long I have had AVN.  Talk soon,  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 01:34:47 am »
Patti....please do post the photos!!!!  I also have a blue mutation quaker and a parrotlet.  I've had a cat and I have a dog, and there's just no comparison to companion birds.  Dogs can't say "I love you" when you're tucking them in at night.  Does your cockatoo talk?

And please do join us nutty folk on the good morning thread.  It's been sooooooo good for the psyche. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Obita

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 06:13:45 pm »
OK Girls - I gotta know something.  Don't the birdies hurt your ear(s) when they screetch?  My friend has a parrot and I only see him once a month or so.  Don't get me wrong, I love birds and I truly love this one but his voice makes me cringe since I lost my hearing in one ear.  My guess is it wouldn't bother me if he was my pet?  Kathy

ps:  My Golden Retriever does say she loves me.  She is just so quiet I can't hear her. ;)
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 11:31:09 pm »
My parrots are currently driving my mom insane...she's still here 5 weeks out because she's the best mom!  I think it is because they're mine...my macaw has this toy she hits and screams at (that's how they work out their frustrations) and it doesn't bother me...but my mom who's fully hearing freaks out.  Plus, I swear, my tinnitus will drown out most sounds  :D

Anyway, they are loud sometimes, but usually briefly so, so it doesn't bug me too much.  Much better than sirens or train whistles.  Or that loud thumpy base that comes out of cars from kids that will be deaf later in life.

pattibobatti

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 09:35:30 am »
Gennysmom,
        You sound so good in the e-mail!!That's great. I reallly hope things are going well.  Tell your MOM that she iIS wonderful for taking good care of you.
         Grace, (my cockatoo) is such a big paart of our family.  She has the sun room to herself, so alot of her loud discussiions aren't too bad..Her new thing is to go up to the top of the stairs and then s-l-i-d-e down the railing!!!! She reallly is too much. 
         We had a green wing, but she died about 4 years ago.. Two big birds in a house.....that's another story!
      Have a nice day recovering.
                               Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 07:02:53 pm »
Wow-pattibobattiwench--just read your story for the first time--you are one tough Wench! Just how we likes 'em! Like I always sez, ANs ain't for sissies! You have such a great attitude. I hope your experience can benefit others on their AN journey, I know your attitude will!
Welcome aboard!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 01:50:58 pm »
I do think they're going well....all and all I'm pleased with my recovery.  I think I got lucky.

I like Greenwings....but you know how birds are...kind of like cats...they seem to find you.  There's a pet store by me and I'm coveting a Derbyan that they have....she's gorgeous.  And she really likes me.  But I have no more room.  I also volunteer (well, until I got the diagnosis) at a wildlife rehab center and have had the opportunity to handle eagles, hawks, owls, and songbirds.  I'm a bird fan all the way around.  Playing tug-o-war with an eagle is very cool!!! 

pattibobatti

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 06:08:46 pm »
Hi  Gennysmom,

Boy do we LOVE our Gracie!! I was thinking that if you got a real big branch for them to dismantle, maybe they would have better manners while your Mom is there....I use those  plastic straps to tie it to the top of the cage.  Grace spends hours taking the bark off.

Still can't believe how well you are doing!!  And, yes, you are lucky!

Pattibobattii
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid

'Are we having fun yet?'

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 06:20:06 pm »
Patti....been out for a couple days and back to see you have a photo of you and Gracie!  Very cool!  It's a small pic, but she looks gorgeous!!!  Genny really likes the puzzle toys...the one that's the treasure chest is her favorite when it's filled with wood chunks.  She will spend hours trying to get it empty.  Then she regurgitates into it. 

Hope you are hanging in there!  I'm still thinking how amazing your story is....glad you've joined the PBW crew!!!

pattibobatti

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »
Hey Gennysmom,
!!!!
Great to hear from you!  Have people ever told you that bird people are weird?????

I have always heard that but now I think it comes in handy with all this pirate stuff!!!!

Grace brings alot of happiness to our familly....She is just too much!

So happy things are going well for you... Tell your Mom to hang in there !!!! When does she leave? 

And telll me more about your Genny 

Pattibobatti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid

'Are we having fun yet?'

ShanaBee

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 11:55:30 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for posting your experience.  I am 27 with a 2.7 cm and have no clue what to do.  I have met with many doctors and I never get the same answer twice.  I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me who your initial doctor for surgery was.  If you feel more comfortable please email me at shanabee@aol.com.  I am completely lost and wondering if I can also email you the names of doctors I have met with to see if you are familiar with any of them.

My prayers are with you.
3.1 cm "Cloudy"
Retro Approach, 11/28/07
Removed 97%, SSD
Dr. Jackler and Dr. Harsh
no facial damage, walked out of the hospital 4 days after surgery with no problems!!!

Boppie

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 12:28:44 am »
What area of the country is best for you to get treatment in?  Where are you located?