Author Topic: Bucket Head  (Read 1786 times)

Huber920

• Buckeye Country Art
Bucket Head
« on: April 24, 2012, 07:30:40 am »
Anyone ever get "bucket head" type symptoms post-op? My surgery was a couple years ago but now i sometimes am getting a bucket head type of reverberation in my ear when I talk. I read that caffiene increases it's severity so I stopped drinking coffee (which is tough because I LOVE my morning cup of coffee). But by stopping the caffiene I do notice a difference. This "bucket head" could be completely unrelated to my AN surgery and more to do with chlosteotoma which I have had plenty of, but I don't know. Just curious if anyone else experiences this odd symptom and what your methods are for relieving the problem.
05 - Cholesteatoma removed (2 surgeries)
03/07 - Diagnosed 3mm AN
06/07 - Middle Cranial Fossa approach to remove (failed extraction)
03/10 - MRI showed growth to 7mm
06/10 - June 9th surgery on the way

Lotty mac

Re: Bucket Head
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:54:24 am »
I think I might be experiencing this too but forgive me if I'm confused as to what you mean... Is this in your deaf ear? I am six weeks post op (trans) on Thursday and have been experiencing this sort of reverberation in my ear that no longer has hearing ... Not all the time but frequently enough... I would like to know what you may have learned or know about is? Eg is this normal etc ?