Author Topic: Fatigue  (Read 1941 times)

trev0024

Fatigue
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:29 am »
Hey everyone, I'm 5 weeks post-op from a retrosigmoid surgery. I still have variable energy levels and some fatigue. Is this normal? Would like to hear about different experiences dealing with fatigue. Thanks!
New dx 2.0 x 1.9 cm AN

Archer

Re: Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:07:43 am »
Hey Trev,
I had your Dr.s do my AN 10 years ago.  I was 51 at the time.  I came home feeling like I was 95.  It took me a long time to get back to normal. Thinking back I'd say at least 5 or 6 months before I was my full self again.  It was slow but steady.  I will assume you, being a young pup, will come back quicker but still the fatigue and stamina will take time.  Hang in there.  I know your Dr.s and am sure they did a fine job.  Be patient, you've been through some trauma.

Good luck,
Rich

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »
Trev ~

Post-op fatigue is quite normal.  AN surgery is traumatic to your body and it takes a long time to fully recover.  I thought I was fully recovered (from retrosigmoid surgery) at six months but a full recovery was closer to a year.  Even today, I feel as if I've lost some stamina but then, I'm ancient and attribute some of that loss to the inevitable aging process.  You should rebound in time.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »
Trev

Think you might have figured it out, yes fatigue is very much a part of radiation.  Mine lasted about 8 months or so.  Any time you receive that amount of radiation it really messes with the way your body works.

TJ