Author Topic: 4 Weeks After Translab Surgery  (Read 2955 times)

tx-anp

4 Weeks After Translab Surgery
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:20:39 am »
Today is 4 weeks since my translab surgery.  I'm back to work and feeling pretty much back to normal.  Recovery really went well after the 1st week.  The headaches went away and my energy levels got better.  I felt good enough to drive around 2 weeks.  I've been doing a lot of walking and the doctor said I can start working out again.  He also said he doesn't need to see me for 1 year.  Is that normal for them to wait 1 year before doing the 1st post-surgery MRI?

2cm left side AN
Translab on 3/1/2012
No facial nerve damage, SSD

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
Re: 4 Weeks After Translab Surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:01 am »
That's excellent news! Glad to hear your surgery and recovery went so quickly and smoothly. I'm hoping for the same with my translab in May.
I'm not too sure about the follow-up MRIs but my doctor told me that after my surgery they'll do one in 6 months. I'm not sure if that's standard procedure or not.
Also, did you experience much dizziness and balance issues before your surgery? I haven't really had any and it seems that people with no balance issues prior have a harder time after surgery.
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com

tx-anp

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:58 am »
I really didn't have much dizziness or balance problems prior to surgery so I'm not sure why I was able to recover so quickly.  But I feel blessed!  I hope you have a similar experience.
2cm left side AN
Translab on 3/1/2012

lrobie

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:27 am »
May I ask how young you are?  Maybe it was your age that helped with your recovery.  I read through your other posts and it appears that you work out, so maybe it's being in good shape.  From what I've read from other people, MRI's are normally done at 6 months post-op.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

tx-anp

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 12:03:38 pm »
Yes, age would probably be a factor as well.  I'm 40yrs old.
2cm left side AN
Translab on 3/1/2012

Manders

• Look closely. God's fingerprints are everywhere.
    • Awkward Turtles
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:27 pm »
Yes, I hope so too! :)
Diagnosed February 2012 * 1.3cm tumor * Experienced sudden & total hearing loss in 2007 in right ear * Translab scheduled for May 11, 2012*Follow my blog at: www.awkwardturtlesan.blogspot.com