Author Topic: Hospitalization next Friday  (Read 6062 times)

Mei Mei

Hospitalization next Friday
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:38:18 pm »
Hi!
I am having a lining put in and recutting the entire retrosigmoid next Friday.   My new doctor said he always puts this in (methylmethacrylate) on all his surgeries and the lack of it is what is causing the pain I feel.

There is more pain coming from my children because they said they are too busy to come to my surgery so I will go down in a taxi and have a neighbor bring me home the next day.   One said I didn't ask soon enough 3 weeks in advance is not enough and the other said she is going back to work from Maternity leave on Mar 13 so she just cannot take leave after two days.   I was more than disappointed.   But that is where some of us are in life.    I'm sure I'm looking at a very difficult old age.    Just can't stand listening to their making jokes about all the doctors I see.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Ned

Re: Hospitalization next Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »
I am so sorry Mei Mei.  Children can so often break our heart.  I wish there is something I could do, I will just pray many prayers for your peace.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »
Mei Mei, I 'm sorry you are going to have to go through another surgery. I do hope this helps you. As for your children, well, our hearts only get battered by the ones we love. Hopefully before long, they will understand they could have done much better by you.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,

tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 04:30:57 pm »
Mei Mei ~

I posted on your other thread but your problematic relationship with your adult children reminded me of this line from Shakespeare's King Lear:

How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child!  :(

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mei Mei

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:05 pm »
Thank you all.    It's a lonely place recovering and recovering again and again.   Our story gets old to most except those of you who have walked in our shoes.    I know you are all there and thankful for the ANA.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Ned

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »
I totally understand how you feel.  Great things will work through you because of your journey, believe that.
2003   1.5cmX1,6cmx1.3cm
FSR Sara Cannon Cancer Center  Nashville
2006  1.1 cmX1.2cmX .9cm

Mei Mei

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »
Thank you Ned for you words.   They mean much.   I can't stay on the computer as the neck and are in pain.

Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 02:51:42 pm »
Mei Mei,

How truly unfortunate you must feel to have no one from your family to go through this with you or at least to be there to offer a kind word of support.

I feel that bad karma follows people around who, when offered the chance to support don't. I will offer my prayers for you. When is the surgery and if there are complications have you made arrangements?

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Mei Mei

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 04:07:15 pm »
Thank you.   I am not anticipating any complications.    The doctor seems very confident.    This surgery on Mar 16th at 9:30 a.m. is supposed to relieved the complications from the retrosigmoid therapy.    This doctor routinely puts this substance in on every AN surgery and head trauma surgeries where a plate is put in.   Th point is to protect the DURA from the mesh which causes pain.

I am still feeling the pain of my girls not being available and that I didn't give enough notice.   I wonder what will happen when my father dies and we have a funeral.   Will they show up for his or in later years for mine.

Thank you for your prayers.
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 12:42:47 am »
Mei Mei...I am so sorry  you are going through yet another round of doctors and surgeries!  Hang in there though...just know we are all rooting and cheering for your eventual return to normality! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Mei Mei

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 08:23:04 am »
I don't know what happened but all that I just wrote disappeared so here goes again.
Thank you so much for all your comments.   There is an Irish list of phrases that I will bring to the hospital.   One of them is You are the wind behind my back.    I   am so fortunate to have found all of you and this wonderful organization. 

I don't know why I am having all of these recovery problems but I think it has something to do with the Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.    Will write to my geneticist about this.

Hugs to all of you out in Forum land!
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo