Author Topic: Some Questions for SoundBite Users  (Read 2759 times)

RAB

Some Questions for SoundBite Users
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:48:21 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if wearing the device affects your speech at all?  Also, does it change the contour of your face at all, like can anyone tell that there is something in your mouth? Does it bother you when you are eating?  Thanks for your help. I am really looking forward to when it becomes available in my area.
1.8 x 1.2 x 1 AN right side. 
Diagnosed 10/1/08
Gamma Knife 6/4/10
Penn Medicine-  Drs. Judy, Bigelow, Alonso-Basante

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
Re: Some Questions for SoundBite Users
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:16:37 am »
Hi, I was wondering if wearing the device affects your speech at all?  Also, does it change the contour of your face at all, like can anyone tell that there is something in your mouth? Does it bother you when you are eating?  Thanks for your help. I am really looking forward to when it becomes available in my area.

Hi RAB,

In my case, the SoundBite does not  affect my speech at all.  It doesn't change the contour of my face either. It's pretty much invisible. Nobocy can notice that I am wearing the device in my mouth unless I intentionally open my mouth to show it.
During the first week of wearing my SoundBite, it was a bit uncomfortable for me to eat wearing the ITM (In The Mouth) device, but then, I got accustomed, and now I am able to enjoy my meals without discomfort.

You can find a lot of information about the SoundBite, in the topic GOOD NEWS...NEW INVENTION FOR SSD... Sounds good for us!!!!  Here is the link  http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=10753.120 

All best,
Gloria

Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.

RAB

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:49:01 pm »
Thanks for the info. :)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1 AN right side. 
Diagnosed 10/1/08
Gamma Knife 6/4/10
Penn Medicine-  Drs. Judy, Bigelow, Alonso-Basante

Smithair

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:40:04 pm »
I have had basically the same experience. Initial discomfort when chewing on that side but no longer. You can see a picture on the website as Gloria shared.

I love mine.

Becky
3 cm AN. Translab Feb 2011 House Clinic. Brackman. SSD. Ongoing balance issues  Soundbite Feb 2012 Private pilot returned to flying Jan 2012