Author Topic: Thank You ANA  (Read 2302 times)

sunfish

Thank You ANA
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:03:58 pm »
I found this site one hour after my diagnosis, and for the past two years it has been the one, consistent source of information, support, and just having people who have been there to "listen."

There's lots of rare medical conditions that don't have anything like this site.  In that way, we're fortunate!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

ombrerose4

Re: Thank You ANA
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »
I didn't find this site until after  had my surgery, but thank goodness I did. This forum has helped provide me with comfort, laughter, information and a place to vent about my "rare disease''.  THANK YOU ANA!!!!!!
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:27:03 pm »
Everybody,

I want to be thankful as well to the many who have recommended, advised, commented, read my posts!

My life pre2004 was hard because of a lack of information and counsel about where to go and what to do.

I now know that I can come here when I am frustrated about an AN related subject, that in itself is tremendously STRESS RELIEVING for me.

My congratulations to the designers of this website, it rocks and is a forum of comfort, friendship and encouragement for many!

Keep blogging your concerns people! Good luck on our shared journey all!

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Desilu

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:27:59 pm »
I too am very "Thankful" for all the information that the ANA website has provided for me through my AN journey. It's a place to laugh and cry, to inform and be informed. I have made many life long friends that truly understand how I feel.  Thanks for starting this thread Sunfish! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 12:43:37 am »
I know I am indebted to this forum...there are a lot of caring people on here who all have been through a lot in dealing with these lil' monsters that are/were in our heads.  While we are not medical physicians, we all can speak for ourselves and what we have gone through, and share that information to others.  It was because of this shared knowledge that led me to the course of treatment I selected.  Plus, it's just comfort in the knowledge that someone else has gone through what I have and has that unique understanding.  It's something your family or significant other cannot fully understand so it's a special bond that we all share. 
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston