Author Topic: FACIAL THERAPY  (Read 2847 times)

Arasha

• El camino es largo y dificil pero no imposible.
FACIAL THERAPY
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:31:06 pm »
Hi everyone;

I am a little more that 4 years since I got facial paralysis from my AN surgery. I have had a lot of dreams where I have seem my smile back.  When my husband and I were dating he used to tell me that my beautiful smile made him fall in love with me at first sight. Well, he only enjoyed  my beautiful smile a little time, because I had the AN surgery 6 months after we got married.  He still tells me that I am beautiful but I would like to be able to show him a pretty smile. He says that I critic to much about myself, but no matter how hard he tries to make me feel better, the truth is that I have an ugly smile, ugly enough to depress me everytime I look at my face in the mirror. Probably that is the reason why I have had a lot of dreams where I see myself smiling like before the AN trip.  The other night after having one of those dreams (which seemed so real) I got up from bed and went running to the mirror to look at my face... sadly, it was just a dream...
I have had a lot ot accupunture treatments. I started with three treatments/week and ended up having treatments every day, six days/week, but it seemed that I was not improving, so I got tired of being a pin cushion :) and I gave up.

After searching a lot and almost have read all your comments about Jackie Diels, I am considering having an appointment with her. If you have had teraphy with Jackie, could you please tell me how much did you recover? I just want to have a decent smile where is not too obvious that I have facial paralysis, it is fine if I have a bit crooked smile like those beautiful asymmetrical faces of celebrities (just daydraming).

I have read about a lady who keeps visiting Jackie Diels for about 9 years or so. Does it mean that I have to do follow up appointments with her for the rest of my life?  That would be hard for me considering that I live in California. Also, I have read that the treatments take about 2 and 1/2 days, how many hours/day? I saw Debbi's pictures (before/after), she looks awesome!. Have anyone else had great results? Maybe pictures.?

Thanks in advance for your comments,

All best,
Gloria
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:52:24 pm by Arasha »
Left side AN 2.5x1.8 removed on 10/17/2007 endosc. by Dr.Shahinian (retrosig) at SBI, LA,Ca. Facial phalsys (almost back). Balance issues. Tinnitus. MRI 8 months later showed AN was resected completelly.TransEar 11/2008. Clinical trial for SoundBite 11/2009. SoundBite user.I have the best family.