Author Topic: Morning wakefulness  (Read 12255 times)

Suu

• Better out than in.
Re: Morning wakefulness
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49:04 am »
G'day Mike

I like your STOP analogy -

S- Stop
T- Take 3 deep breaths
O - Observe my surroundings
P - Proceed on with another thought

It's a good one to take on board so I've got it printed out and it's on my fridge.

Hugs from across the big pond,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:27 am »
Mike: I can understand your worrying, I myself tend to be a worrier in general and the time I spent "watching and waiting"  my regrowth was very stressful for me, it was my worries that spurred the surgery to remove the regrowth, I waited until my children were of an age for me to be ill and my husband cope for my recovery on his own and then I had the regrowth removed, it was not medically indicated but removed for my mental health! Some people just can't stop themselves from worrying. The one thing I did that was helpful was I set aside "worry time" each day, allowed myself to worry for a period of time only each day, through the rest of the day if the thought came to mind I used the STOP method.
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 11:20:45 am »
Thank you Suu and Kathleen!

I have taken to praying and  using STOP  as the radiation date comes closer. I find that this helps me greatly. Thank you all (the forum members who continue to pray and blog on this site) let us continue on this journey to wellness together!

Fondly appreciating the support,

Mike

There are those that don't have the support that we have, let us pray for them as well.

When first I arrived here, I was scared, it was frightening to be fearful. There are people who don't know about this forum and the good it does, pray for them to find us.

Welcome each new member as they come on and share what we have found, a sense of being together and most of all of belonging to something.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 01:15:07 am »

Welcome each new member as they come on and share what we have found, a sense of being together and most of all of belonging to something.

Hear! Hear! And so say all of us!

I like to say hello even if I don't have an answer to a question a newbie has asked.  I'm learning quickly about all the different actions some doctors take and I'm also learning about how people react to those actions. 

Wishing you and the rest of our growing family all the best for the coming weeks and years ahead.

Lovenhugs,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12