Author Topic: SS disability hearing on Tuesday  (Read 5243 times)

KBL

SS disability hearing on Tuesday
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:53:47 pm »
 :P Fun times!
I have my hearing on Tuesday morning.  If only they could spend a few hours in my head.  I am nervous and would appreciate any prayers.  Do any of you know how long the decision takes?
Of course I will let you all know what happens.

Karen
5.6 cm. left side retrosigmoid surgery January 2010.  Dr. Villavicencio, Boulder, CO  Cyberknife April 2010  Left side  facial paresis started September 2010.  Gold weight implant Dec. 2010.  Total hearing loss on left side.  As of today, tumor still appox. 28x18x8 mm

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: SS disability hearing on Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:56:20 pm »
My decision at my hearing was given immediately within less than 15 minutes for my trial.  Judge said she had & seen all she needed....I have a bit of a 'breakdown' while there too.   My decision is not permanent, because I was only 40 and they hope there I things to keep trying for my issues (hahaha, yeah right!?!?)  So mine will be reviewed at some point.

I think it took about 30 days for the letter to officially come saying I was awarded it.   

Do you have an attorney?  They will probably be able to tell pretty good too by the end of the hearing. 

Wishing you well!!
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

Mei Mei

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »
My State and local disability came withing two weeks of the doctor at Hopkins denying my disability.   The Federal Disability came a few months later and no hearing was needed.   I don't know what I would have done if I had to stand for a hearing.   I can hardly stand at all.

I saw my geneticist yesterday and the nerve block pain doctor near GW this morning.   Had a cervical pain block and feel much better.
Love,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

LizAN

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 08:21:40 pm »
My State and local disability came withing two weeks of the doctor at Hopkins denying my disability.   The Federal Disability came a few months later and no hearing was needed.   I don't know what I would have done if I had to stand for a hearing.   I can hardly stand at all.

I saw my geneticist yesterday and the nerve block pain doctor near GW this morning.   Had a cervical pain block and feel much better.
Love,
Mei Mei

Glad you are getting some relief.
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz