Author Topic: Blinking....one step forward two steps back?  (Read 2963 times)

spgreenfield

Blinking....one step forward two steps back?
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:07:24 am »
My left AN eye blinks, but not completely.  I have noticed that when I get up in the morning sometimes my eye will feel so close to normal it's scary.  That was yesterday.  Today, I woke up and it's horrible.  Feels like it's hardly blinking at all.  Is this something that will happen throughout my recovery?  I'm only a little over 1 month out from my surgery, but my facial control is gradually coming back in spite of the numbness still being there most of the time (although I have moments of feeling at odd times...not total but a definite reduction of numbness) It's times like today that I feel like I should consider a temporary eye weight like Blinkeze....but not sure of the expense involved.  Eye doc yesterday said my eye looked great - no irritated spots or damage anywhere.  Any thoughts?  Advice?
Pam in South Dakota

MRI & DX on 10/17/11, 2.8 x 2.3 x 2.3 cm cystic & solid mass
Left suboccipital Surgery with Dr. Tew at Mayfield Clinic in Cincinnati on 1/10/12
SSD but no nerves cut in surgery. BAHA implant 8/2012
Facial weakness almost gone!
Acupuncture helping face
Tear duct plug on 4/4/12

Cheryl R

Re: Blinking....one step forward two steps back?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:22 am »
Odds are it will get better in time as you are still very soon past surgery and the nerve healing is slow.      There will various good days and bad days with the various parts of recovery.     After so long one feels like it should be all done and over with but the nerves and brain don't listen to what we think!
  Just keep putting drops in the day (Refresh liquigel is mine and day use is not common for me) and the night gel which I do and will forever as I had the facial neuroma and nerve graft from nerve by the ear in 2006 and AN on that side in 2001 due to my NF2.                          I never had numbness so can't say much for that.                             You are doing well!                                Cheryl R     
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care