Author Topic: *2-1/2 weeks post op-middle fossa  (Read 2743 times)

Milenkas

*2-1/2 weeks post op-middle fossa
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:30:55 pm »
It's been 2-1/2 weeks since the removal of a 5mm tumor on my balance nerve.  Surgery was done by Dr. Erica Woodson and Dr. Gonzalez Martinez at the Cleveland Clinic.  I was very happy with the doctors and nurses.  The care and concern was amazing.  I'm feeling a little better every day.  I had some Bell's Palsy set in about a week ago and had to go to emergency room since I had some facial paralysis going on, on the right side.  Put me on prednisone and valtrex for 10 days.  Dr. said it is due to the swelling and possible virus setting in but should clear up.  All in all, I'm looking forward to getting better and past all the dizziness and ear problems I had before the surgery.  I'm still tired a lot and dizzy but with therapy, this should clear up.  My husband and children have been wonderful, and my mom stayed with us for about 4 days to help out.  Keeping the stress down helps a lot.  Sometimes I get discouraged and depressed because I want to do more and I'm just too tired.  But then I have to remind myself to relax and it will get better.  Thanks for letting me share on this forum! ;D
Diagnosed 8/2011, 5mm a/n.

Cheryl R

Re: *2-1/2 weeks post op-middle fossa
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:58:07 pm »
Dr Woodson did her Fellowship at Univ of Iowa.      She seemed very knowledgeable when I did see her just on what is now my yearly follow up and MRI visit.      I was wondering where she went.  Good to know.                  You are still in the early recovery stage and it will get better.     I know right now it seems like it should all over with but it does take time as was major brain surgery.           Keep us posted on how it goes.                         Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Milenkas

Re: *2-1/2 weeks post op-middle fossa
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:20:17 am »
Dr. Woodson is a wonderful doctor with a very caring personality.  Genuine.  So happy I found her!
Diagnosed 8/2011, 5mm a/n.