Author Topic: What kind of Types tapes  (Read 5116 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
What kind of Types tapes
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:36:18 pm »
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you what kind  of tape that keeps your eye shut during sleep you use, in case like me you need to close it manually to keep it moisturized during the night. I ran out of mine and do not know what kind to buy in the US. I have recently moved to the States and what I' ve used so far was something that I used in my home country but is not available here.

Products and price comparisons are appreciated.
Thank you
Hrisi
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: What kind of Types tapes
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:27 am »
Hrisi

Welcome to the States! :)  There are many medical tapes you can purchase at local pharmacy stores but will let the others note here the brands that they use... hope it helps.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

hruss

• young and cheerful!
Re: Name some medical eye tapes to keep your eye shut during the night
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:24:10 am »
Thank Phyl,

and I am sorry I did not choose the right section to write under. Brand names are much appreciated!

Hrisi
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:54 am »
Hrisi .....

I will defer to the others, as well ..... but, in the meantime, perhaps your regular pharmacist could give you some advice on which of the tapes in the US might be similar.  Do you have a tiny piece of your other tape from your home country to take to show him/her?

Just a thought .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »
I never really got the hang of taping. I used Refresh PM and a pirate patch. Once I got an eyelid weight I was able to drop the patch.

Best wishes,
Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:55 am »
Thank you for the contribution Clarice and Sara!

My lid does not close all the way down and it stays a crack open during the night. I always put Refresh PM but keep it firmly shut by a piece of tape. If I don't keep it closely shut I feel it grainy and it is red in the mornings. I ran out of one of them and I can't show to the pharmacist but will look what they can recommend.   

Hrisi

KBL

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:03:11 pm »
Hi, I have an eye weight and needed to tape my eye.  I found some goggles that fit tight enough on my eye that they hold it shut at night (and they are Comfortable too!). They are called Tranquileyes.  Eye Hydrating Therapy. Basic TE. You can find them on line, they are not cheap, but they work for me, and I like them!
I still use Refresh PM during the night.
Karen
5.6 cm. left side retrosigmoid surgery January 2010.  Dr. Villavicencio, Boulder, CO  Cyberknife April 2010  Left side  facial paresis started September 2010.  Gold weight implant Dec. 2010.  Total hearing loss on left side.  As of today, tumor still appox. 28x18x8 mm

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »
Tape NEVER kept my eye closed!! I use the NitEye Bubble Bandage, put out by Beaver-Visitec. I call them & they send me a case at a time (it saves me $$$ ordering by the case). Their # is 1-866-906-8080. A case (24 boxes, 14 bandages/box costs $450.00). I use to cut saran wrap & tape it around my eye - it does the same thing, makes a moisture chamber, but I got so tired of doing that.
Tranquil Eyes didn't work for me since they caused too much pressure on my eyes, but I've heard from several people who were able to use them.
Always good thoughts, Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis