Author Topic: When will these headaches stop????  (Read 12745 times)

Mei Mei

Re: When will these headaches stop????
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 03:19:55 pm »
It sounds like you need a visit to Dr. Ducic and Dr. Maureen Moriarity at Georgetown.    I just saw her today and she has been a blessing in my life as is he.   He did the excision surgery last May and that helped immensely.
Let me know if you want to contact her.

His website is:
http://drducicplasticsurgery.com/Ducic_Plastic_Surgery/Home.html

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

jwporter

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »
Well unfortunately I live in Wisconsin and we just had a baby so that's not gonna happen. I'll see if anyone around me does that though. Can you tell me more about it?

Seal

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 04:09:49 pm »
JW,

Sorry to hear about your headaches.   Yesterday was my 3 year anniverary, and I can assure you that things do get better.   I had many headaches for the first year brought on by sneezing, coughing, or just turning my head the wrong way quickly.   The headaches diminished so incrementally that I didn't notice it until later on when I remembered how bad the early headaches were.    Hopefully you will have the same results.   I assume that you are still less than six months which is still early in the full recovery.    I also believe that it takes more than a full year for the skull to completely heal from the incision.     I can now sneeze, cough, or whatever without retribution!!!    So hang in there; good days are ahead.     

One funny side note:   my kids goaded me into doing a cannonball off the back of the boat that first summer(6 months post op).   Don't try it.   It took an hour for the headache to subside................. ;D
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

Mei Mei

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 09:50:28 pm »
I was told my headaches were Cluster Headaches and finally diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia and Cervical Dystonia.    The miracle was the Myofacial Release Therapy.   The Barnes website lists the certified providers but there are many not trained by him that helped me as well.   Start with university medical center physical therapy departments.      Then try Dr. Ducic at Georgetown.   Several of us have been to him and his associate Dr. Maureen Moriarity in the Neurology Dept.   She was the one that sent me to MRT and has proven right on in her directions to me.   PM me if you want to contact them.

Sincerely,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

jwporter

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 04:27:14 pm »
Seal,

Thanks for the encouragement! I hope that mine also disappear after a year or less.  I am about 5 months post-op. I just started seeing a chiropractor a couple weeks ago and that seems to be helping. While I still have headaches, they have gone down in intensity. I did a ton of scans when I first went. Long story short, my spine and neck are way out of whack. I am going 3 times a week in hopes that this issue will be corrected without the need for any other surgery. Also, I refuse to take heavy pain killers; I'm just taking Tylenol extra strength every day (1 to 4 capsules) which seem to take the edge off. I consider myself very healthy, I eat lots of fruit and vegetables, I eat lean meats, and drink plenty of water (except for that occasional glass of wine!). So, I really do hope it will subside just as it did for you.   :)