Author Topic: Chris Update  (Read 3357 times)

chrissmom

Chris Update
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:16:05 pm »
Chris had surgery II yesterday.  They got the monster tumor out.  He is doing ok.  More to come later....

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Chris Update
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news that it's out! Were they able to get it all and no residual?  How is he doing?  How are YOU doing?  Please please keep us updated as best as you can.. and please send Chirs my very best to a speedy recovery!

Great news that it's done!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:31:11 pm »
Yeah Chris! Wonderful news! We can't get enough of that around here. Finally the worst part of this ordeal is now behind and the rest is up to Chris. I know he will kick butt and be back to his old self in no time.

Sending hugs to Chris' amazing mom!
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Raydean

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 04:44:28 am »
 Great news.  I am so happy for you.  Please let us know how's he's doing?

Thinking of you
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

chelsmom

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 01:44:40 pm »
That is great news!!!!  It's such a wonderful feeling to have the doctors tell you everything went well and he is on to recovery.

Now where does he go from here?  Does he do any rehab?  I know you said he was up and walking around after the first surgery but I wondered was he using any help (walker, cane) and how was it going before this last surgery?  Has he had any other effects from the tumor/surgery?  I've keep hearing, "she is young and we bounce back quickly", as I'm sure will be the case with Chris.  I'll be looking forward to hearing more about the details and his progress.

Chris and your family are in our thoughts and prayers......Michelle

Raydean

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 04:39:10 pm »
Michelle
How is Chelsey doing these days.  Been awhile since the last post.  Just prior to the start of this thread i mentioned to Chet that it's be so good to hear a update from Chris and Chelsey and Taylor
I think everyone on this forum has been touched by the strength of spirit theses young people have shown.

Please keep us updated and know that there's a special place in our hearts and on this forum for these young people.

Raydean and Chet   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:39:00 pm by Raydean »
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

cookiesecond

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 09:08:15 am »
chrissmom,
Thanks for the good news!!! We are praying for a quick recovery!!! Take care of yourself.
Lynn

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:43:49 am »
so good to hear a update from Chris and Chelsey and Taylor
I think everyone on this forum has been touched by the strength of sprit theses young people have shown.

Please keep us updated and know that there's a special place in our hearts and on this forum for these young people.

Raydean and Chet

Absolutely Raydean. I couldnt have said it better. Amazing for much these young ones have become my inspiration.
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 01:57:19 pm »
So glad to hear about Chris and looking for further updates on Chelsey and Chris.  They have been in my thoughts a lot and I've told my friends about these kids and the unexpected journey they have had to take.  I only wish them the very best and hope their recovery is quick and speedy. 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode