Author Topic: Almost 3 wks postop  (Read 1869 times)

madison

Almost 3 wks postop
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:35:47 am »
Hi everyone!
Its almost 3wks since my surgery and things are going well.  My eye is much better and my milestone so far is that I can blow out of my right nostril!  I know it's not much, but I,ll take what I can get.  I'm feeling much stronger and my handwriting has improved a little. I'm anxious for the old me to return but I,m trying to be patient. I think the
Numbness in my tongue has decreased, or else I'm really used to it
Now!the doc said it would take longer for me because of the radiation I had.  There is slight movement on the right now when I try to smile. Have any of you had face stimulation at outpt.Therapy?I'm debating on trying it or maybe I should just let nature take it's course?
I will prob. Start op therapy soon and im looking forward to gaining more strength,etc.my balance is pretty good because I've had years  to compensate.
Manders.. If you're reading this..I will miss your blog!
Thank you everyone for being there and I'm so glad I have this forum.let me know if you Have any info on the face stuff. Ttys!
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

FlyersFan68

Re: Almost 3 wks postop
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:01:46 am »
Hi Madison, Glad to see you back on the boards and doing well. I have not seen Wilcox in five years since my three year follow-up. You should see many improvments over the course of one year.  -Steve