Author Topic: Postop depression now bipolar  (Read 13849 times)

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: Postop depression now bipolar
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 07:14:08 pm »
Kenneth, I am glad you are taking steps. I think you will be fine...if you can ask for help/guidance on your own, that is a big thing.

Best,

Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Mei Mei

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 04:19:36 pm »
I too am sorry to hear of your difficulties.     The biggest decision at this important juncture is the right choice of therapists:  Psyc. and Psychologist.    I myself have been through many health issues in my lifetime but this AN problem has been by far the hardest, toughest road.    What made it harder was my immediate family not really getting it.   They haven't been there so this Forum and an understanding nurse practitioner at Georgetown have saved me from my darkest days.   I take Cymbalta for Myfacial pain and probably being on that has helped me get through this on my own.

Please use every resource you can find here with us.   We are here for you.    Read up on the web of all the therapists you are considering so that you can be put in the right direction as soon as possible.   My prayers are with you.

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

kenneth_k

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 07:55:32 am »
The psychiatrist is making a plan which must be approved by the head psychiatrist (no pun intended ;))
They will check my blood work and start me out on Lamotrigine. Then I will be on four different meds. I guess that will be great fun. When the Lamotrigine shows signs of working, they will ease me off the antidepressants. Apparently, they are a part of the problem. I also have to quit the Diazepam. Maybe that will be tricky?

Happy holidays,

Kenneth
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:53:26 am by kenneth_k »

kenneth_k

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 08:12:35 am »
I'm still here ;)

Medications are still not working as they should, and depending on my bloodsample, the dose will be increased.
However, I have rediscovered God in my own way. And we are both happy that I'm still around.

Just thought you all should know.

Best regards, Kenneth

jennifer7

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 02:01:03 pm »
Hi Kenneth
I'm happy to know you're both still around, I hope you are starting to find some relief with your med increase. Blessings :)
retrosig 2/10/10 1.2cm
headaches, facial weakness, tinnitus
hearing preserved :)

wonky head

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 10:24:32 am »
Hi Kenneth,
Gosh, it's comforting for me to hear that what I have been going through is not abnormal.  That's what you have to remember too. 
I find that I don't even like to go out to events that I used to live for, because I am tired of explaining that I can't hear out of this ear and why.  I prefer the quiet or just time with friends that are thoughtful enough to stand on my left side.
I have been going to a therapist for my emotional issues, I take Zoloft for depression, and I have Xanac for my panic attacks. (which I have often).
I am not a selfish person but I guess I do feel somewhat sorry for myself. I returned to work 2 1/2 months after my surgery and should not have.  I was still learning to walk.  But my spouse insisted that it was best to get back on the horse!  I am a high school teacher and it has been an extremely difficult year.   I also get tired of hearing my family comment about how tired I am all of the time.    But on the plus side, besides being a survivor of course, is that I sleep like a baby.  Can't hear any of the snoring, radio/tv, or talking going on.  Now as a unique form of payback, I have developed snoring!!!  Mostly from the fact that my right nostril has collapsed almost completely blocking air flow.  Another side effect to add to the list.  So there is my whining for the day.
We all have to stick together and realize that we are dealing with a very rare tumor and I am sure it must be difficult for doctors to explain to us what to expect.  It's nice to be able to share with people who care.  So you hang in their Kenneth!  There is nothing wrong with you or me!  It's just that people don't know what we are going through.  So I will continue to smile my crooked smile and turn my head to hear and enjoy all of the goodness I can from these amazing teenagers I teach everyday!  Best of luck to you!