Author Topic: Cross Facial Nerve Grafting Sugery for facial paralysis  (Read 3157 times)

jilljpower

Cross Facial Nerve Grafting Sugery for facial paralysis
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:08:54 pm »
Hi All,
I just wanted to update you all on my story and my upcoming surgeries for facial nerve damage.  I hope to help anyone who is going through the same facial paralysis issues and is pondering what to do next. 

My facial nerve didn't heal well and I still have quite a bit of paralysis 2 years post brain surgery.  I have visited Jackie Diels to make sure it was not synkenisis, because when you have sykenisis the nerve is growing, just rewiring strangely.  My nerve is not growing strongly.  So, Jackie reffered me to this Dr. Tessa Hadlock at the Facial Nerve Center in Boston.  I feel lucky to be in great hands, with a whole team to help with my face.

Anywho, for more detailed info of what my surgeries consist of, check out     www.jilljoyousjourney.blogspot.com
 Good luck to you all!  Jill  ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:13:09 pm by jilljpower »
4cm AN, debulked 6/22/09 Redwood City, CA Kaiser.  1 gram platinum gold weight in eyelid.  Nerve intact, but full facial paralysis.  Cross Facial Nerve Graft- 2step process 11/2011 and 7/2012.  Try blogging, it has been great therapy for me.  www.jilljoyousjourney.blogspot.c