Author Topic: Do I have a screw loose? UPDATE  (Read 9800 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Do I have a screw loose? UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 06:11:41 pm »
So what I don't get is , given my tumor was about the same size, why my doc at House says 5 years!
I have a weird bump thing that happens,too.  When I laugh really hard, one or both of my little bumps give a sharp pain and the a "click" which is pretty audible to me and then it still hurts a little unless I give it a good rub. Like they're catching on something inside my scalp! WEIRD!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 06:49:34 pm »
OK, This is too weird.
 I've been reading and posting here for almost a week. Everything I have experienced I am finding herethat you all folds have also experienced it too. Now this???????????
.  When I told my husband I thought I had a screw loose, you can only imagine his response, and ever since I said it too him, it keeps coming back to haunt me. Kind of like, "whada you know, you got a screw loose". he thinks it's kinda funny. But seriously, I have the same little bump that feels like a screw head and it's really close to my incisio, and it hurts when I lay on it too.  Now I am almost 2 yrs post op and just started noticing this a few months ago. I have no intentions in going to have it checked out unless it starts to swell or fester. Not looking for reasons to visit doctors. I've kinda come to hate the places.  My daughter broke her finger yesterday and I had to go to an urgent care clinic, kind of a mini ER. Gave me the willies being there.

As far as things "floating" in your head. I know a gal who had a meninginoma tumor right behind her forehead. They put a small plate in her foreheard since they had to cut a hole in the skull there. Several months later she had a very noticible indentation in her forehead, the Doc's told her that it was just the way things were healing up. M A while after that, she bumped her head lightly and got excruciating pain, went to the ER, they discovered that the plate had not been attached to the skull properly and had been floating around all that time. Had she bumped it really ahdrd it would have shoved the plate into her brain and killed her. (her version of course). But WOW. I guess I'll take the screw.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

KatyB

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 06:52:59 pm »
Yeah, the screw and dent thing!  Ain't life grand?  Who would ever guess just seeing us go about our daily business that we had these weird head things!  Too cool!  We just all laugh and joke about it around here - what else can you do?  I'm like you, try to avoid those medical places at all costs.
3 years postop for 1.3 cm at House with Drs. Luxford and Schwartz

amymeri

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 06:54:08 pm »
Deb

Do you mean no MRI for 5 years?  I have my first post op MRI next week (see if that screw IS loose!) and then yearly until my NS~and I quote~ "gets tired of looking at nothing".  

I am freaked a bit about this MRI because I am worried that infection or loose screws or inflammation will show up!

Amy
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 06:58:38 pm »
My headache Wizard has been focusing those dreaded injections around the screws. I think I heard of someone on this forum who had their screws "unscrewed." They are actually "titanium microplates" at least that is what the copy of my surgical report says.I can trigger the "click" by opening my mouth real wide, like at the dentist. I had a crown done on my backmost tooth and my poor dentist had a time with me! I walked out with a raging headache. But with a really cool gold tooth! Too bad it ain't in the front! For the recent one, a few days ago, she Atavaned me--don't even remember going to the dentist this time!
Capt Deb 8)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 07:12:28 pm »
Yeah, the screw and dent thing!  Ain't life grand?  Who would ever guess just seeing us go about our daily business that we had these weird head things!  Too cool!  We just all laugh and joke about it around here - what else can you do?  I'm like you, try to avoid those medical places at all costs.

Yea!  abdomen divits/dents, screws chasing noises that aren't there, not hearing noises that are, and the (Deb's) Wonky head.  It's all here. It's a good thing, were alive.
 I've been having the major Wonky head with headach for 2 days now, think I'll go have a beer or something so I can at least have an excuse for being out of it. take care all
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 07:47:37 pm »
hey Deb,

If the click is generated by opening your jaw then maybe (real left field here) you could see an orthodontist to check your teeth and jaw! Or you simply confirmed those men in white coats theory that you do have a screw loose!!! ;D

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 08:17:46 pm »
No, the click is definitely from the screw plate!
Capt Deb