Author Topic: Ear Ringing and Beeps in AN Ear  (Read 2446 times)

Phillies

Ear Ringing and Beeps in AN Ear
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »
Since having my surgery 3 1/2 months ago I have had no hearing in my affected ear. Ear ringing has gotten better but I still hear alot of it around noise. The past few weeks I have also been getting these random beeps in my ear. My hearing nerve was preserved but no hearing has come back, but still have a small chance something could come back but not counting on it. My doctor is confident all of that ringing will go away in time. Not sure why he is so sure the ringing will go away though... Has anyone else had these beeps in their ear or had ringing around noise that went away in time?

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Ear Ringing and Beeps in AN Ear
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:00:03 pm »
Sounds like tinnitus to me; but I'm no expert. 

Thankfully I don't suffer from tinnitus.  My AN ear is stone deaf.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

JAndrews

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:34:09 pm »
yes, I had lots and lots of beeps. short beeps, long ones, sometimes very quick beeps. It scared the heck out of me! I must have called/emailed the surgeon at House 20 times that first year...poor guy! It happened on and off for about a year or so after surgery. My tinnitus now is usually a loud steady ring with an occasional swoosh or sucking sound. The surgeon told me that regardless of the type of noise it was all considered tinnitus/head noise and not to worry about it.
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

ombrerose4

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 06:27:29 pm »
My tinnitus also varies in sounds. Sometimes a static hum, or an ocean roaring and other times different lengths and pitches of beeps. Someone must be having fun making all that noise in there, lol!
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010