Author Topic: Soundbite or TransEar unilateral hearing aids  (Read 4372 times)

johnsather

Soundbite or TransEar unilateral hearing aids
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:08:08 pm »
Has anyone had any experience with any of these fairly new devices for one sided deafness?  I was diagnosed with AN in 2002 and had radiation vs surgery with good results.  After nearly 10 years of single sided deafness, these new aids look very promising.  Any experience from anyone on the discussion board?   :)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Soundbite or TransEar unilateral hearing aids
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 03:34:06 am »
Hi and welcome.

Oh, many here, to my knowledge, using Transear. Will point you to forum user "kbonner" as she has been using her's for quite a number of years (saw her last weekend). She had surgery on her AN but seems very happy with her Transear.

There are many that have reported pros and cons to it here on the forums over the years. If you go back to the Forums "home page" and do a "Search" (top/right box on forum home page) for "Transear" or "Soundbite", you will see multiple discussions over the years. Too many for me to note here.

Again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

rayden1

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 01:26:09 pm »
Hi there

I got transear in 2008  don't find it good waste of money. It also became painful in jaw if worn for more than a few hours. This is only my opinion. It may well suit you. Keep researching  and good luck to you, whatever you decide.

Annx

Brewers7

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:55:33 pm »
I have had the Transear since Dec 2010 and I have been happy with it.  Some have expressed dissatisfaction.  I can't be certain but I suspect that the dissatisfaction is a result of a difference in expectations.  It is not as good as regular hearing but it is a vast improvement over SSD (for me).  Susan
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

JAndrews

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 05:04:13 pm »
Transear was a waste of alot of money! Did nothing to improve my hearing
2.5cm x2.0cm cerebellapontine angle meningioma. 100% removal 2/2009. House Ear Institute. Dr Brackmann and Dr. Schwartz. SSD right ear. No balance problems except when really tired, no headaches. Transear hearing aide made no difference, tried it for 4 months.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways