Author Topic: Extreme eye twitching 6 years post op  (Read 2982 times)

amn70

Extreme eye twitching 6 years post op
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:53 am »
I am six years post op (translab surgery 2005, Loyola Chicago; FSR 2001 Johns Hopkins; 41 year-old female) and am experiencing extreme twitching/movement of my right eye (affected side). My eye has never been the same since surgery. When I smile, laugh, eat, yawn my eye closes but now the movement/twitching is also taking place. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Does it mean the nerves are regenerating and my eye will go back to "normal?" (I wish!). Any insights/information would be most helpful. Thank you!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Extreme eye twitching 6 years post op
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:26:26 pm »
Hi, Angela ~

Many AN post-surgical patients experience the kind of 'twitching' in the eye that you're having.  I'm not a physician and can only speculate but I believe that the movement indicates nerve regeneration.  However, I don't wish to mislead you and suggest that you consult your doctor for a valid medical opinion.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.