Author Topic: Pre-Existing Condition???  (Read 3638 times)

sarahinPA

Pre-Existing Condition???
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »
Hi Everyone!

First, I am doing really well, feeling great 12 weeks after surgery and no more complications!! 3 month MRI showed great progress and doctors are happy with everything, I will return in 6 months!!

I am in the process of getting ready to quit my job and move back to my hometown and begin working with my father and learn the family business to eventually take it over, although I am very excited about this, it comes with a lack of health insurance. I will loose my insurance that my current employer provides. Has anyone else dealt with this loss of insurance?

I have been researching all types of insurance offers, but was wondering if this AN although it is removed is still considered a pre-existing condition? Also, if anyone else has been in my shoes, what have you all done? is there an insurance that is good for pre-existing conditions?  I am very aware and educated on the health law (obamacare), but im looking for something that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, but will provide me with coverage without a lapse in insurance. Also, this would be temorary, until I get married, which is tenativly planned for the fall of 2013...

Any information would be great! Thanks!!!
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

New girl

Re: Pre-Existing Condition???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 12:21:46 pm »
Hi Sarah - I dont have any insurance info but I am glad to hear you are doing well after all you went through!  Congrats on the engagement!!  ;D
9mmx14mmx9mm
Diagnosed 6/1/2011
Retrosigmoid Surgery 9/27/2011
Daniel Lee (MEEI) & Fred Barker (MGH) - Exceptional Surgeons