Author Topic: BP110 vs Ponto Pro Power  (Read 3761 times)

tenai98

BP110 vs Ponto Pro Power
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:18:42 am »
decisions decisions

I had the WOW factor with the BP110 but there are feedback issues which I'm sure Cochlear is working on....no WOW factor with the ponto....and it echos while i'm in car teaching....now I didnt have the chance to demo the bp110 in car while working....and I read in Oticon booklet that their warranty is only a yr??? vs 2 with Cochlear....my head is spinning....did anyone else demo both units??? and if so, what are your thoughts???
Jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Paul F

Re: BP110 vs Ponto Pro Power
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:33:24 am »
You might want to check out this web site for more info on comparison.  http://www.baha-users-support.com
There is a lot of info there.
Paul

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 05:16:28 pm »
Jo .....

I already answered you on Facebook, but wanted to post here, as well.  Oticon Medical does have a 2 year standard warranty on the Ponto Pro, with the option to purchase an extended warranty.  It appears to be only a one time free replacement if you lose it, but I do not remember any replacements on the two $3,000 hearing aids I had!

I do not have any echo with mine as long as I do not manually crank of the volume.  Never have had any feedback so I know the feedback manager is working properly.

I do have to be careful when getting into the car, I discovered.  I've knocked it off twice now by catching the underside of it on the door frame of the car.  Just one more little thing I am learning ...... like keeping my vision firmly on non-moving objects when walking.   ;D

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 06:53:31 am »
Jo -

before choosing my BP100 I demo'd it and the Ponto Pro.  I chose the BP100 and have never regretted it.

I'm not sure how similar the BP110 and the Ponto Pro Power are to these two processors, but I'd imagine that one of the big differences is simply the "power" involved.  If it were me, I'd go with the "WOW" factor - I think that says a lot.

I'm fairly sure I remember reading that Dale (dalern) had demo'd some processors recently.  Maybe check some of her recent posts for her two cents worth.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:00:32 pm »
I have been demoing the BP110 since the end of August.  I also have the WOW factor with the quality of sound and word discrimination.  It is excellent.  There are indeed some feedback issues, but Cochlear is working on that.  I have had the demo tweaked several times, and each time it gets a little better.  I think my audiologist has been conferring with one of the main BAHA gurus from Cochlear.  Thanks so much.
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego