Author Topic: "One Good Earbud" stereo to mono flexible earhook headphone (for ssd)  (Read 3405 times)

Brewers7

I just bought this device on Amazon.  It comes in a left ear or right ear model.  I wore it plugged to my mp3 this morning for my run.  Closest thing to stereo sound that I have found.  The flexible earhook was nice because the earbud does not fall out.  With shipping, it was about 25.00.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: "One Good Earbud" stereo to mono flexible earhook headphone (for ssd)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:37:35 pm »
I also love my 1-BUD Pro, made by ScanSound.  I think I paid $17.00 for it, plus the cost of a combo pack of ear pieces and postage.  See:  http://www.scansound.com/1-Bud.htm

It also gives both stereo channels into one earbud.  They have a model with an earhook, as well.

I debated about getting the mp3 adapter for my Ponto, but decided I am perfectly satisfied with the dual channels from the earbud.  In my opinion, it is a more natural sound for music from the earbud than from the processor sound being conducted to my only hearing ear.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: "One Good Earbud" stereo to mono flexible earhook headphone (for ssd)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »
I have something similar that I used to wear before I got my BAHA audio adapter.

For the price you couldn't beat it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways