Author Topic: Weird symptom #287  (Read 3576 times)

suz

Weird symptom #287
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:49 am »
 :). Kind of kidding, kind of not.
I have NOT had a big problem with headaches since my AN surgery. In fact they overall seem to occur less than before when I was getting almost daily left-sided HA's.
But the other day a weird thing happenned and I realized that it happenned one other time as well. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this: I experienced a series of intense twitches all over the incisional area followed by a sudden headache. The twitching lasted only a few seconds but the headache lasted for the day (eventually took Ibuprofen and that helped).
It has been over a year since my surgery and was not expecting anything 'new' at this point. There was no pain in the incisional area itself, just a frontal headache afterwards.
Anyone else?
Please, I hate to be the "only one"!!!!!
Thanks,
Suz
Tumor 1.8cms x 1.5 cms x .5 cm;partially removed 7/14/10 by Drs. Friedman & Schwartz of House Ear Clinic in LA. Moderate SS hearing loss.
Re-growth approximate 3 mm per year; GK planned for 12/2017.
Philadelphia, PA area

sarahinPA

Re: Weird symptom #287
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 02:46:19 pm »
Hi Suz,
I have not experienced that, buy my doctors did tell me to expect weird sensations such as electric shocks or twitching along the incision site. This is the nerves and muscles regenerating themselves since they were cut during surgery. Just a little inform from ym doc to you, maybe you were experiencing something like this. Nerves take very long to heal, Im only a month post op but I expect my nerves to take at least a year to heal!
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Re: Weird symptom #287
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:11:45 pm »
I am 3 months post op and now experiencing the pain running up the length of the incision with sort of spasms of pain and there is some swelling, hope it is nothing, just want to heal for good.  So I guess there are other people that experience the weird feelings too, hope you don't feel alone.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!