Author Topic: Capt Deb Visits the Headache Wizard  (Read 16758 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Capt Deb Visits the Headache Wizard
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 01:22:15 pm »
Staypoz--
How often do you go for the triggerpoint treatment and are these injections cumulative?
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

staypoz

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:58 pm »
Capt Deb:  I started going twice a week and now try to go every other week.  If I am having a really bad day they will try to squeeze me in.  I started out getting 12-16 shots per treatment and the number has really dwindled.  There has been a real difference in the suppleness of my neck and shoulder muscles since I started having the shots and I am able to turn my head from side-to-side when I wasn't able to with much ease before.  They have also done some work on my scar (I had sub-occipital) where the skin was really tight.  The shots haven't cured me of the headaches, but they have been a great help along with my nerve blocks, massage therapy and self-hypnosis.  I am able to do a lot more this summer than I was last, so something's working!!!

Staypoz

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 04:54:20 pm »
Not sure if I could put up with being a pin cushion for ever. Right at this moment, I am confined to a life time of Neurontin until I meet Dr Frankenstein to get a head transplant!

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 06:10:34 pm »
I keep hearing about nerve blacks--what are they?
Capt Deb

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 02:18:44 pm »
So Crew, I just squoze out a buncha paint onta my palette and am gonna try to get back inta the swing o' things.  After 2 months outta work cuz of headaches and arm problems (surgery) I'm gonna try to get back to it. Got the Buffett on the Radio (radiomargaritaville--free on your 'puter--no commercials)and a Boston Cooler than Dr Luuuurrrrve made me, at the ready.
Mt headaches have improved a bit, but haven't really done much of the stuff that triggers 'em. No major meltdown or brainwreck in 4 weeks! Truth will be told once I'm back in the studio tacklin' a 6 foot canvas (paintin' canvas not sailin canvas)
Thanks so much for all your support this past 8 weeks, you guys RAWK
Big Wet Smooches!
Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2006, 06:13:26 am »
Well, I'm off again for more pin cushion treatment by the Headche Wizard. Ouch, Ouch, OUCH!!!! This time I'm armed with a big ole Atavan, so I don't hafta make him stop 3/4 of the way through my treatment. Hopefully I won't pass out again either! I better write down everything I need to ask/tell him so I don't forget. I'm also wearing something piratey for strength--I've accumulated quite a bit it seems. Sox, jewelry, tank tops. My puffy shirt is dirty. (Chocolate stains) Can't wear the big hat--it gets in the way and I don't want him to commit me, just cure these dang brainwrecks!!!! >:(

For newbies to this thread, I am getting "trigger point injections" for my relentless post-op (3 1/2 year) headaches--a combination fo local anesthetic and steroid. He hits me about 20-25 times in the neck, shoulder and head area, paying particular attention to the occipital area and the area around my incision.  I think they seem to help alot--my use of injectable Imitrex has diminished by about 30% after the last go'round.

Gotta run--I'll post when I get back--6 hr round trip!

Capt Deb 8)
the Pincushion Voodoo Doll Queen!!

nannettesea

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2006, 05:33:08 pm »
DAMMMMMMMM---you are so BRAVE!!!!

I hope those treatments are working.  They better.  You continue to inspire....

love,
DD
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »
On ya Capt pin cushion.

Thinking of you (ouch) during your treatment (ouch again). I am very interested in this approach of yours because i am thinking of potentially doing the same. Not sure if I have the ..... to go through with 25-30 needles a pop.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2006, 11:32:41 pm »
This thread is a testament to the reason Deb is our Capt....tough lil cookie you are. Hope you are feeling well and cant wait to see some more of your creative genius(paintings). How I wish I could come spend some time with you in your studio...maybe some of the skilzzzzzzzz would rub off on me. ;)
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 01:53:25 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually tollerated 20 or so shots today--thank you mr Atavan!!  Giggled all the way through it!  had my head leaned over the table with a full view of silly pirate sox, The pinkie ones with the patterend rogerettes and bows.  (remindes me to work on the tats for the covention, Gennysmom!!!Well, Dr. Love poured me in the car and I slept all the way home, don't remember getting out of the car, slept through dinner and at 1200 mindight, I'm wide AWAKE!!!  Been messin on the puter and it keeps crappin out on me--Bad server, Bad!! HW says I'm making good progress and he's very pleased. I told him of my fatigue problem and he suggested timing my Nerontin doses differently and I said HEY! i'm lucky if I can remember to take the stuff at all, much take it at certain times, but Ill give it a shot--set up some alarm clocks (that I can' hear!) I'm making an appointment with an audiologist--been almost 4 years , to check the only ear I have left.  Got another credit card to pay more med bills.  When I get my disability, three 1/2 years retroactive,  I'll be able to pay  three credit card off  and mayby go to dinner and that's it. I think the creditcard companies are in cahoots with disability as thats how we have to live when we can't work and are self-employed >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(They just put us off, give us more credit  cards, put us off more, more cards and pretty sure we're debt free and they have their money all back . What a scam!!

Think I'll try to go to bed now--Thank got for those little  Ambien Pills!
Capt Deb 8)
Voo Doo Doll Pincushin Princess :o :o :o

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:04:51 am by Captain Deb »

amylynn

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 04:34:31 am »
Captain Deb,
                    You must become one with the needles, the needles are your friend.  Embrace them. 
         In all seriousness, I pray that they work for you. 
                                      Thanks for the morning humor, I needed it.
                                                                 Amylynn 

amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO